· Beltsville, United States of America; Baltimore, United States of America; Virginia, United States of America; Ohio, United States of America; Kentucky, United States of America; Tennessee, United States of America; Bridgeville, United States of America
Commercial Project Manager (Small Projects) / Project Controller
Position can be based out of any of our Smart Infrastructure offices located in MD/VA/TN/KY/OH or Bridgeville, PA.
· Highlight : Great opportunity to work for a large multinational company in a field capacity. Including interactions with all aspects of operations, sales, procurement, quality, accounting and finance. The Commercial Project Manager is hands on with the project supporting the Project Manager and driving direct financial success. This position exposes you to a full value chain business of solutions, services and energy projects.
· Division Overview : The Siemens Building Technologies (BT) Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environment-friendly buildings and infrastructures. As a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product vendor, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection, life safety and security as well as building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), and energy management.
· Specific Organization : This position supports the Atlantic Zone which is responsible for driving the full suite of Building Technologies business in the exciting growing markets across 6 states to include Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington, DC, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio. Each Zone operates as an individual unit of Building Technologies, allowing for an extremely entrepreneurial and customer facing environment within a large corporation.
· Assignment Overview : Our primary focus in the financial organization at BT is to strengthen the financial results of the Zone (business knowledge, process and policy guidance, ensuring accuracy of the financial statements, etc.) We also support the back office processes of a highly complex business model through booking, billing and collecting. The Commercial Project Manager reports to the Senior Director of Finance for the Atlantic Zone. Ideally, the position will be located in Washington, DC to allow close proximity to the customers.
The Commercial Project Manager (CPM) is responsible for all commercial aspects related to customer contracts (Projects) starting with the pre-acquisition phase through the project execution phase. The CPM is fully responsible for the financial and commercial management (costs, revenue and cash flow) throughout the project. This encompasses revenue controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting and reporting. The primary contacts for the CPM include Customers, Suppliers and Project Managers. The CPM will partner with the Project Manager to execute projects ranging from $1m - $3m in value with duration of 1-4 years.
The CPM ensures proper financial project set up including WBS structure in line with approved project budget and internal contractual arrangements. Set up of a financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
- Maintain Estimated at Completion (EAC) project plans and costs
- Manage all functional departments in a matrix environment for a successful project result
- Provide risk management and opportunity management
- Responsible for contract and claims management
- Interface to external customer on project progress and any contract or financial issues
- Financial reporting and analysis
They are critical to driving the most successful outcome of a project to the bottom line (profit and cash) success of the company.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High School Diploma/GED Required combined with Certified Project Management background.
· 3-5 years in Project Management Financial Analysis, Communication and Relationship building, Negotiation Skills and basic Commercial Contract Law.
· Working knowledge of Accounting and Controlling principles and procedures
· Working knowledge of internal workflows and involvement of various departments during project lifecycle
· SAP (FI/CO, SD and PR modules), Microsoft Suite with strong Excel skills, Collaboration Tools
· Industry/business acumen (Construction market / Building Automation, Fire & Security Industries)
· Ability to travel up to 50%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
·Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.Project Management Professional (PMP) or certified Commercial Project Manager (CPM), Financial Analysis, Process Flow / Improvement (Six Sigma or like)
Job ID: 181204
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019