Locations:Painted Post, New York
Job Family:Human Resources
Division: Gas and Power
Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 241767
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Material Handler in our Painted Post, NY facility.In this position you will receive, store, stock, identify, and issue material by name, part, and/or drawing number by use of Oracle database system. You will verify count, condition, and correctness of all material received and report to inventory office.You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire where youwill be assigned to work on 2 nd shift
What are your responsibilities?
· Check against blueprint, with calipers and gauges, when necessary, to insure correct piece.
· Designate, allocate, place in proper storage location, and transact material in a database system.
· Record location of material and report any unusual material condition or out-of-balance inventory.
· Collect and transport material as needed for t ask, operating Jitney, towmotor, crane (including yard crane), carousel, hand trucks, tugger and stock selector.
· Secure from Shop all material to fill particular orders, working to parts orders, item cards, picklists or listings which give quantity, drawing and part number of required material.Check against drawing to determine correctness.Order parts to machine shop as required in correct quantities.
· Gather material and be responsible for collating all of the correct material for a particular order.
· Work at any location required in cleaning, priming, painting or processing of Compressors, engines, accessories and parts for shipment.
· Use a variety of materials to wash or clean compressors and parts in preparation for painting including rust removal.
· Mask off, plug, block and tie up compressors, accessories, and parts prior to priming or painting.Unmask and touch-up as required including brushwork.
· Use and mix a variety of fillers, primers and paints to customer and government specifications.Use a variety of paint thinners in accordance with customer and government specifications.
· Handle and sort scrap in proper containers (Castings, Pallets, Cardboard, Landfill Materials, etc.).
· Move and store material in yards and shops, such as castings, forgings, tanks, etc.
· Keep inventory of material and equipment in disposal area and keep properly stored.
What will you need to qualify for this role?
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Basic knowledge and skills with computer/internet usage
· Ability to lift at least 25 pounds repetitiously for up to 8 to 10 hours a day
· Ability to stand, bend, kneel, and twist repetitiously for up to 8 to 10 hours a day
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Gas and Power
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019