Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today's industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
· Preparation of RFQ documents for noise enclosures, Air Intake Systems, Diffuser, Fire Fighting system.
· Coordination with Client, Project Management, Lead Engineer, Purchasing, Vendors and engineering departments, Project management support.
· Checking the vendor bids and providing Clarifications, technical vender negotiations.
· Vendor evaluation including risk assessment and support the commercial selection.
· Checking of vendor design and documentation. Supporting the detailed design by vendors for acoustic enclosures, Air Intake Systems, Diffuser, Fire Fighting system, including assembly drawings, detail drawings, O&M manuals
· Ensuring alignment of the vendors solution with Product Requirements specification and customer needs & interface clarification
· Support purchasing to find best total cost solutions.
· Document and drive implementation in SAP PDM.
· Release and maintain reference documentation in COMOS, Team Centre or related databases
· Provide field/site support if required
We don't need superheroes, just super minds
• Bachelor/Masters in Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree
• 3 to 10 years of relevant engineering work experience
• Ability to travel globally
• Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
• High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
• Excellent communication skills, Excellent English language skills
• Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it
• Solid understanding about the interactions of quality, costs and delivery time
• Expertise in design of LGT Auxiliary Mechanical equipment,
• Understanding of Fire Fighting & Suppression system (detection, extinguishing)
• Understanding of painting and welding requirements. Knowledge of Welding requirements and materials for hot components (gas turbine exhaust gas system, heat exchangers)
• Understanding of air filtration and acoustical aspects
• Knowledge of relevant international codes & Standards including environmental legislation, Wind/Seismic codes, NFPA, Hazardous area requirements, HAZOP etc
• Knowledge of mechanical design of enclosures and its fabrication including time schedule.
• Design/system design for heat exchangers
• Basic knowledge electrical engineering/instruments & control
• Expertise in documentation – SAP PDM
• Expertise in project engineering – Primavera time scheduling
• Expertise in power generation business
• Knowledge of AutoCAD (will be highly appreciated), NX and/or Micro Station
• Knowledge to use COMOS
We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you'll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time