· Gurgaon, India
Gas and Power
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today's industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Enthusiastic technicians with depth
Our commissioning engineers travel around the world turning existing technology into technology of the future. They depend on their own skills and knowledge, but also on a global network of colleagues. Complex systems? Major projects? All a matter of course – as is the freedom to decide personally which solution is best for which customer. Join our team to follow paths that bring us all forward.
We make real what matters. This is your role
· You'll be responsible for electrical commissioning of DC/LV/MV Systems on construction site and handover of commissioned systems
· You'll integrate and monitor the companies subcontracted to perform commissioning of electrical systems, and clarification of interfaces between the various subcontractors.
· Reporting disagreements or non-conformances to allow introduction of project-specific solutions and to ensure information feedback.
· You'll monitor contractors for compliance with contractual obligations, construction site regulations and the permit-to-work procedures.
· You'll ensure compliance with regulations pertaining to Safety, Environmental and Health regulations within the scope of own responsibility.
· You'll perform electrical commissioning at large-scale power plant construction site on components like:
· MV switchgears including protection circuits and interlocks
· AC/DC switchgears including protection circuits and interlocks
· LV transformers including protection circuits and interlocks
· AC/DC and DC/DC converter, AC/DC Inverter, Batteries and Drives and feeders
· You'll be doing trouble shooting engineering problems including interfaces to other scopes and corrective action if required.
· Demonstrate essential functionalities and protection devices to the relevant authorities, depending on contractual requirements and rules and regulations
· You'll perform maintenance measures and will also conduct “on-the-job-training”
What you need to make real what matters
· You are a graduate in Electrical Engineering (B.Tech / B.E.) with 5-8 years of experience in Power Plant Commissioning.
· You've experience in operation of electrical equipment and electrical commissioning LV/MV/DC Systems on power plants
· You've hands on experience at various power plant construction sites in similar positions.
· Technical qualification to interpret commissioning documentation and software
· You‘re willing to work within multicultural and interdisciplinary teams
· You've phenomenal interpersonal skills in English language.
· You're wiling to travel and work abroad (worldwide)
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens?
This role is based in Gurgaon , but you'll also get to visit other locations in different countries, so you'll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you'll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Gas and Power at:https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/gas-power.html and about Siemens careers at:www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 192600
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2020