· Irving, United States of America
This office-based position is responsible for the design of building automation systems using company tools and operating protocols. Receives project specifications from sales team and designs building automation system and service installed jobs.
· Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution. Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations. Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
· Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed. Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management. Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
· May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements. Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
· Designs mainly large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
· Generates DDC point database on all projects. Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation. Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
· Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers. Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements. Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
· Oversees the creation of system graphics. Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information. Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site. May perform some field activities as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
·Associates degree in Electronics or other technical field or equivalent experience.
·1+ years engineering /systems or other related experience.
·Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packaged required.
·Good verbal and written communication skills.
·Able to design medium to large standard jobs with some deviation from standard tools, products or practices.
·Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
·Bachelor's degree Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
·Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations.
·AutoCAD, CAD Training or any related Engineering Design Software.
Job ID: 192866
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019