Description de l'offre
Locations:Poole, United Kingdom
Job Family:Customer Services
Engineering Services (ES) are a support team providing system support for a wide range of Intelligent Traffic Solutions. This role covers support of complex Hosted systems, including the creation of new infrastructure and management of existing hosted infrastructure.
Siemens are looking for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Support Analyst. The support analyst will provide technical advice and guidance and 2nd / 3rd line technical support for a growing estate of cloud based (AWS) infrastructure and bespoke Traffic System applications. The focus is on ensuring service levels are achieved or exceeded, that changes are managed within customer's expectations and ensuring that a 24x7 regime is maintained in line with operational service levels. Responsible for continuous improvement across the infrastructure and application space and the reduction of high severity incidents and environment costs.
Provide on-call support and be part of the rotation to attend to high severity incidents over weekends and holiday periods.
The successful individual will be energetic, personable and enthusiastic and be able to combine excellent customer service and communication skills with a broad knowledge of Networks and IT. A background in support is essential and formal networking qualifications and hosted Environment skills (e.g. AWS, CCNA) would be a real bonus.
You should be confident of working with other support Engineers and be willing to work out of normal hours to respond to system issues and to prevent customer downtime.
This role is responsible for the infrastructure and of traffic management systems on a 24/7 basis as part of operational service contracts delivered via our Service Operations Centre (SOC).
What are my responsibilities?
· Provide 2nd / 3rd line technical support across the cloud estate, proactively sharing information with co-workers to ensure the right level of knowledge is developed and maintained across the practice in order to provide high quality support services to Siemens customers
· Perform incident and problem record triage, aligned to business operational prioritisation
· Research, resolve, and record all levels of software questions from customers, as part of incident resolution. Preparation of key documents to support in problem resolution and system fix including, configuration specs, knowledgebase articles, FAQs and known error procedures.
· Liaison with software suppliers in delivery of the technical support service, resolving incidents within agreed service level targets, manage customer escalations ensuring contractual commitments are met / exceeded
· Replicate customer issues to assist in the determination of root causes of problems and the provision of enduring resolutions including those which require a software fix from a 3rd party, working in close collaboration with the release and change management teams.
· Help Siemens communicate and track new software releases and work with development and technical teams as a representative of support team/customers. When requested provide customer coaching (remotely and locally) for new software releases and enhancements
· Develop, implement and manage an automated operating system patching/update plan, utilising existing and emerging AWS technologies (in line with best practices) to deliver timely, tested security updates to a range of operating systems across the cloud estate.
· Own, manage and expand the System Monitoring functions of the hosted infrastructure and software components.
· Monitor logs, alerts and alarms within core Siemens Mobility ITS platform applications and infrastructure, proactively identifying incidents which could potentially impact operational performance. Technically assessing functional requirements and costs and verifying the solution capability of software and security aspects
· Contribute to the development of software solutions that meet the specified functional requirement, ensuring input across all phases, design, documentation, operational acceptance and successful implementation
· Provide accurate timescales for incident resolution based on technical assessment and the documentation provided. Where applicable liaise with other technical teams on more complex issue resolution
· Interface with customers, product management, engineering, and technical service teams to gather data and communicate status of customer issues, as needed
What do I need to qualify for this role?
· The successful individual will be energetic, personable and enthusiastic and be able to combine excellent customer service and communication skills with a broad knowledge of Networks and IT. A background in support is essential with formal networking qualifications and hosted Environment skills (e.g. AWS, CCNA) being beneficial.
· You should be confident of working with other support Engineers and be willing to work out of normal hours to respond to system issues and to prevent customer downtime.
· Experienced at working on multiple complex issues simultaneously while accomplishing desired results; Work well with little guidance in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, navigating multiple tools and platforms, adapting to any customer impacting scenarios and learning technology quickly
· Proven experience of adapting to new systems and technologies and processes with an understanding of other software disciplines - design, documentation and testing.
· Demonstrable dedication to excellence in customer service, satisfaction and corporate representation with customers both on the phone and in person.
· Previous Technical Support experience or in a directly related position, preferably in a high-tech company or environment.
· Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot issues systematically and effectively, delivering within service level goals, demonstrating strong analytical skills and experience in interpreting complex data, translating outputs into high quality documentation (essential)
· Advanced understanding of AWS architecture, Unix and Windows Operating systems and ideally with a good working knowledge of SQL scripting (essential)
· The ability to work simultaneously on a wide range of technical tasks which may differ in complexity and focus (essential)
· A broad but wide-ranging knowledge of networking and security principles coupled with an excellent knowledge of the ITIL framework to deliver ongoing operational excellence (essential)
· Be able to work with engineering, development and test teams to understand their requirements for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and help develop these processes (essential)
· Capability to work independently and striving for solutions, taking ownership of the customer and associated E2E resolution and delivery, using excellent written and oral communication skills to provide clear, concise and timely status updates to customers (essential)
· The ability to identify areas for process or system improvements and pass opportunities to Sales as applicable (essential)
· Ability to build relationships with colleagues & customers, to work unaided and on own initiative as well as being a member of a team (essential)
· A self-motivator who can demonstrate good initiative (essential)
· Strong communication skills, and proven ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical customers (essential)
· Experience of working within an ITIL framework to investigate and resolve incidents
· ITIL Foundation qualification
· Database qualifications - specifically administration
· Understanding of development applications
We're Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 83917
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019