Locations:London, United Kingdom
Job Family:Research & Development
Siemens PLM is seeking an Application Specialist to work in the area of gas turbine analysis. Application Specialists liaise with other Product development groups and members of the Product Delivery Team within Siemens PLM in order to develop requirements and prove technology for new software that will meet end-user expectations for a particular application area. For this role the application areas of interest cover conjugate heat transfer, combustion, turbine and compressor aero-performance and a wide range of multi-physics topics. The successful candidate will pioneer the use of new technology and workflows contained within Siemens PLM's flagship product STAR-CCM+. The role reports to the Emerging Applications Manager, Technology Development within the Simulation and Test services group of Siemens PLM.
· Investigate' and ‘report' on the suitability of our software for new application areas within gas turbines by solving challenging simulation problems
· ‘Translate' new application requirements into needed features in support of development activities.
· ‘Prove' advanced features in development versions of the code in support of Development Leads
· ‘Awareness' of competitive offerings to determine feature sets for given applications, and to benchmark our own code to understand differentiators
· ‘Provide' training and guidance to our Global Sales and Product Management teams to assist them in their efforts to commercialize new developments
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in Thermal Power and Fluids or Mechanical Engineering or other closely related field
· A strong background in the simulation and design of different types of gas turbines foraerospace, marine or industrial applications
· Past industrial experience with simulation of gas turbines technology topics
· CFD and/or heat-mass transfer modeling experience in an industrial or research environment using Finite Volume analyses for fluid flow simulation
· Experience with turbomachinery design tools
· Ability to seek out experimental data and perform detailed benchmark validation
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet project goals
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects
· Basic programming and/or shell scripting skills
· Good organizational skills
· Fluent English speaking, reading and writing
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Prior experience with STAR-CCM+ or other commercial CFD packages
· Java and/or C++ programming skills
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 89197
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019