· Princeton, United States of America
· Internal Services
3D Geometry Internship
Are you interested in driving the revolution in geometric modeling technologies for industrial applications?
Here's the right internship opportunity for You!
Join our Product Modeling and Simulation Research Group (PSM RG) to develop solutions to real-world problems. The CT Simulation and Digital Twin Technology Field (SDT TF) is seeking a highly motivated Master/PhD student available for an internship in the area of generative design, computer-aided design and manufacturing. The project will involve analysis of state-of-art in academia and industry, and design of novel practical techniques to address challenging problems in generative design and advanced manufacturing.
The Product Design, Modeling and Simulation Research Group, is leading a project as part of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Transformative Design (TRADES) program, to advance the computational tools to address design representation, analysis and synthesis of objects with enormous complexity. It also partners with top US universities in projects funded by agencies like America Makes, and the Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute to advance the design and manufacturing tools and technologies for various industrial applications.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences. Our close contact with business units in Siemens such as Siemens PLM Software, Inc. provides the opportunity for you to contribute and gain experience in real industrial applications. During this internship, you will experience the excitement and challenges of tackling real world problems faced by Siemens and our customers. An internship with Siemens Corporate Technology is a great opportunity for students to gain real world experience in a diverse work environment.
What are my responsibilities?
· You will contribute to research projects that develop geometry processing algorithms and solid modeling techniques
· You will collaborate and exchange ideas with experts in the fields of advanced geometric modeling
· You will implement concepts, perform prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of geometry processing and solid modeling techniques
· Apply developed techniques to real-world problems
· Help advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
· A current Master/PhD student in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline for research
· At least 1 year of experience in advanced geometric algorithm prototyping
· At least 2 years programming experience in mainstream programming languages like C++ or C#, with hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype algorithm
· Familiarity with CAD software systems (NX) and modeling kernels (Parasolid) is preferred.
· Theoretical knowledge of geometry representations and solid modeling techniques in design required
· Experience with parallel programming on GPU preferred.
· Knowledge in computer-aided manufacturing (e.g. CNC, additive, robotic, and other manufacturing methods) is a plus
· Excellent team working and communication (verbal & written) skills
· Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts.
· Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Job ID: 180006
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019