The role in our Tech Support department is to provide technical support on our scheduling software to our end users and sales channel. This role would suit someone who is looking to develop a career in IT.
Candidates should possess a good understanding of Microsoft Windows systems and process trouble shooting.
Although the role involves supporting users in the use and understanding of our software, quite often the problems relate to more general Windows technical queries.
Ideally the candidate will have basic programming skills and any knowledge of Visual Basic / .Net software would be useful. Experience and knowledge of SQL server is required.
They should also have good communication skills and a good telephone manner.
Although not essential to possess qualifications, typically the person will have achieved industry relevant accreditations.
Duties and Responsibilities
· To provide technical support, answering support queries via telephone and email.
· Providing first line technical support, remotely analyzing problems and resolving where possible.
· Investigating, diagnosing and solving first line application problems using effective troubleshooting and fault analysis skills and escalating accordingly.
· To maintain a high level of customer service for all support queries.
· To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
· Good Customer Service Skills
· Excellent Communication Skills. Both email and telephone
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
· Organizational and Time management skills.
· Problem Solving Skills
· Ability to work independently and within a team.
· Experience with MS SQL Server
· Experience with vb.net and c#.net programming languages
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.