Assistant Designer - Accessories
Purpose of role:
Working in conjunction with the Designer to provide strategic and commercial Design direction and trend research to the Buying Teams. The ability to develop licence product is preferable.
Job Function Competencies:
Commercial Astuteness & Awareness
· Understands Primark’s drive to deliver commercial value through profit, market share and volume whilst adhering to the brand and responding to competitor threats.
· Demonstrates strong commercial awareness and knowledge of Primark’s brand.
· Understands how the commercial trends impact on sales (past and current).
Trend Forecasting & Research
· Work with the Designer to make connections between concepts and information to identify trends that will commercially impact on Primark's ranges.
· Identifies emerging trends for extensive research and translates these into commercially viable trends.
· Demonstrates the ability to know when to move onto new trends quickly and communicates this confidently and effectively to influence the relevant audiences.
· Support the Designer to ensure design trends have a balance of commerciality
· Collaborate with Buying Team to ensure creative vision is executed.
· The candidate should have high street design and trend forecasting experience of bags, seasonal, jewellery and hair accessories
Range Build & Execution
· Collaborates with other departments to ensure trends are aligned across departments.
· Collaborate with Designer and Buying Team to ensure creative vision is executed
· Maintain and follow critical path dates
· Continually review the range from design to sample stage with buying
· Should be a creative and inspirational thinker with strong fashion sense and deadline driven.
· Ability to think and react in a fast-paced changing environment.
· Strong garment commodity knowledge and clear trend and colour direction for the high street
· Must have a strong working knowledge and understanding of Adobe Software: Illustrator & Photoshop.
Full Time / Part Time