Join the world’s leading logistics provider in a commercial and operational role as an Overland Operator - FTL for road logistics in Kuehne + Nagel Portugal.
In this role you will act as a key adviser and negotiator between clients and sub-contractors. As an Overland Operator - FTL, you will offer and coordinate freight forwarding solutions in a timely and efficient manner to our customers, whilst ensuring accuracy and quality of your work. Your goal is to deliver operational excellence to our clients and ensure day-to-day operations are performed in accordance with both national and international regulations and industry standards.
• Perform day-to-day FTL shipments
• Act as an trusted adviser on logistics and forwarding solutions for clients in their respective industries
• Optimize logistics operational solution on client contracts with emphasis on quality and efficiency
• Schedule deliveries and collections via third party transport providers
• Liaise with overseas partners to ensure that the department is proactive in providing high quality service end-to-end
• Foster and develop good relations with both existing and potential customers to ensure retention and growth
• Follow and maintain SOP’s for clients and operations
• Provide information and communication flow to clients according to plan
Your Skills and Experiences
• Minimum vocational degree in Logistics or equivalent qualification
• Multiple years of experience in a similar operator role within the logistics industry, preferably road logistics
• Comprehensive understanding of the operational processes within freight forwarding and road logistics
• Demonstrated history of delivering high levels of quality and customer service
• Service-minded and customer oriented
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary in order to communicate effectively with both customers and internal personnel
• The ability to work on your own initiative as well as being a team player
• Previous experience of adhering to guidelines for health and safety
Good Reasons to Join
We offer a position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary and benefits package. We also provide good working conditions, continuous development programs and careers opportunities within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.