Our Atlanta branch is in search of for an experienced freight forwarding professional to join the Ocean Export team.
The main responsibility of the ocean export coordinator is to coordinate with shippers, truckers and steamship lines for the export of shipments; complete process of shipment includes: arranging for cargo collection and inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, billing invoice, certificate of origin and/or AES if applicable), forwarding, follow up with tracking and tracing, data quality requirements, FSL, problem identification/resolution where capable/authorized.
- Review and insure alignment of shipping instructions (SOP’s/ABT, SIC…) including to clarify any deviations/conflicts taking country regulations, export compliance and rate and routing information into consideration
- Compliance with US Export Control Laws and Regulations
- Responsible to insure quality of documents incl. match between data entry and documents, proof reading of commercial documents and OB
- Manage vendors and exceptions including shipment rolling
- Monitor file for profitability including validation of buying vs selling rates and credit limits, reporting of deviations to P/L (owners) if not resolvable at desk level
- Monitor operational performance of carriers and other vendors and escalate / create awareness if performance and commitments are not being delivered
- DGM (Dangerous Goods) Compliance, if applicable
- Resolve issues respective to meeting client requirements data input and general customer service inquires
- Highest quality of Customer Service. Responsibilities include maintaining communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier and K+N overseas offices throughout the process
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
- Increasing customer service satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular customer contact
- Overall responsibility for file maintenance, FSL, timely and accurate billing, job costing forecast accuracy, e-filing and KPI’s
- Resolve billing discrepancies and discrepancies against client SOP’s
- Insure approval for credit notes and/or invoice reversals before issuance
- Timely distribution of billing packages and commercial documents in accordance with shipper’s, K+N and/or destination country requirements
- Initiate and resolve any rate discrepancies
- Immediately report problems, operation disputes or discrepancies to supervisor, manager, divisional manager or branch manager.
- Work with Sales on Account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from sales to operations
- Read and work in accordance with Quality Management Work Instructions and QHSE procedures (ISO9001).
- Any other duties as requested
Your Skills and Experiences
- Ideal candidate will have 3 years current industry work experience in seafreight forwarding.
- Good working knowledge of domestic and international geography, including countries, major cities, seaports; basic knowledge of U.S. Administration Regulations (FMC, EAR, Hazmat) and other government agency requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills (prioritize, plan, assign, control)
- Good judgement skills
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2020-09-29T00:00:00.000Z