The Ocean Export department is in search for an experienced freight forwarding professional to join the team in our downtown Jersey City office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the coordination of Sea Export shipments such as, opening export files, production of internal documentation, updating export statuses, assisting and advising customers of Arrival, arranging deliveries, processing invoices (including price conversions and verifying shipment weight and volume), dealing with e-mail queries from Kuehne + Nagel Overseas offices as well as ensuring that excellent standard of data accuracy
• Operational duties to include coordination with shippers, truckers, steamship lines and K+N offices for the export of shipments.
• The complete process of shipment includes arranging for pick-up or inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, K+N invoicing, certificate of origin, export declaration and/or AES, if applicable) forwarding, follow-up with tracking and tracing to final destination and data quality requirement.
• Customer Service responsibilities include maintaining communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier and K+N overseas offices throughout the process and choosing proper routing appropriate to the customer's needs.
• Negotiate cost-effective rates with service providers to ensure maximum profitability.
• Maintain SOP (standard operating procedures) and customer profiles including key contacts, special requirements, contract rates and preferred routings/services/carriers.
• Participate in quotes for overseas offices as requested.
• Review information published on K+N's Intranet system daily.
• Immediately report problems, operation disputes or discrepancies to a supervisor, manager, divisional manager or branch manager.
• Read and work in accordance with Quality Management Work Instructions and QHSE procedures (ISO9001).
• Employees may also have additional responsibilities in accordance with supporting a specific department(s)/division(s) and/or be tasked with specific, individualized assignments.
• Resolve issues respective to meeting client requirements, data input - general customer service inquiries related to tracking & tracing.
• Resolve billing discrepancies and discrepancies against client SOP's .
Your Skills and Experiences
• College a plus or equivalent experience
• Usually requires a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in freight forwarding.
• Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years current work experience in ocean freight forwarding.
• Good working knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities, seaport.
• Basic knowledge of U.S. Administration Regulations (FAA, FMC, EAR, Hazmat) and other government agency requirements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; and PC skills.
• Employee requires completion of IMO Security training classes.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2020-09-07T00:00:00.000Z