Job Title: Multi Task Operative
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Kuehne + Nagel provides a production support service package and through life support for Leonardo Helicopters that consists of all standard logistics activities such as goods receipt, quality inspection, storage and picking & packing. In addition, centres co-located with the end user ensure store to fitment service
We are looking for a multi task operative With Warehouse experience and Inventory Management systems (including MJDI, SAP, VITALS and GOLDesp desirable.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Multi Task Operative to be based at Buckland Road, Yeovil, reporting to the Team Leader.
What you'll do:
· To support all day to day Warehouse and Supply Chain tasks as required in support of the service contract
· To ensure all related tasks within the business units are carried out in line with the contracted customer requirements / Defence Logistics Framework (DLF) / working instructions. To be part of the AOG rota in order to fulfil the customers “Out Of Hours” requirements.
· Operate all MHE, including Forklift Trucks (training provided), as required to fulfil the output of the unit. Operate Inventory Management systems (experience with MJDI, SAP, and VITALS would be advantageous but not necessarily a requirement)
· Act as Building Lock Up and conduct security checks as required. Be prepared to conduct flexible working commitments between 07:30 and 19:00 within contracted working hours. Conduct warehouse processes in line with the position of an MTO
· Ensuring, that at all times, the Company's Health & Safety procedures are adhered to. Prioritizing and responding to customer queries and requests in a professional and timely manner
· Undertake all warehousing duties to ensure efficient operation of the service contract
· To carry out any additional tasks as agreed with the Team Leader
What you'll bring:
· Must be totally flexible and willing to learn.
· Have an understanding of the need for attention to detail, with a “right first time” approach.
· Can demonstrate good communication skills.
· Experience of operating MJDI, SAP and VITALS is desirable.
· Shall have confidence within a busy & diverse working environment and have the ability to prioritise work on a day-to-day basis.
· Must be computer literate and will have been trained in the use of MS Office Suite.
· Full driving license essential and be prepared to operate MHE (including FLT).
· Must be willing to undergo Security Check Clearance.
What you'll get:
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. What we will provide includes:
· Competitive salary
· Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan
· Route 2 Rewards
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
Why not find out more about Kuehne + Nagel, visit us at www.kuehne-nagel.com
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the sea freight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>