As a Java Software Engineer you´ll implement technical components in Java for the new Air and Seafreight System. In close collaboration with our Air and Seafreight team’s you´ll develop code and architecture metrics, contributing for a continuous system optimization.
You would join a team, working on SALOG, our global Airfreight & Seafreight IT System, which simplifies our operational activities by increasing process automation and real-time interaction between Kuehne + Nagel and our customers. As a Java software engineer, you design and implement processes in Java, follow the principles of agile software development and create innovative solutions. You are in close contact with our air and sea freight colleagues and contribute continuously to system optimization.
· Your focus will be our new Air and Seafreight System, for which you´ll implement technical components, namely in a modern continuous delivery environment.
· You´ll conduct development test, code reviews and create unit tests and examinations, using tools code and architecture metric, which will be implemented by you.
· Thereby there will be an intensive exchange with our Air and Seafreigfht Team, Test and Design Teams, as well as with our nearshore development teams.
· Furthermore you´ll analyze and fix Test and Production Errors
Your Skills and Experiences
· You have a computer science or similar qualification : with your background you can reinforce your enthusiasm for IT
· Minimum of three years in software development : you have experience with environment and tools like Eclipse/IntelliJ, Maven, Git or Jenkins
· Strong expertise in Java and Junit. A plus for us is also your knowledge in Spring, JPA/Hibernate and SQL technologies.
· Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral. German skills will be a plus
Good Reasons to Join
We want you to feel comfortable in your working surroundings. Therefore, we are offering you modern offices in the announced Hamburg HafenCity directly adjacent to the Elbe, flexible working hours, a subsidized job ticket for the public transportation as well as a canteen with a broad range of menus. Kühne + Nagel is offering you a custom-made career – through individual planning and supervisors who support and advice you in every way. Personally, you get supported by a lot of work-life-balance offerings, a company pension and a supplementary health insurance.