Job Title: Freight Customer Service Operator
Vacancy Number: GB08571
We are currently recruiting for a Freight Customer Service Operator to join our Overland road freight division at one of our sites in East Midlands. As part of the role of the Customer Service operator you will be responsible for liaising with customers and relevant parties to ensure that customer expectations are met during the movement of cargo as well ensuring that we can maximise revenue on each market through co-ordinating the efficient operation and administration and building relationships with customers
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Process all bookings received from overseas partners and efficiently and accurately input them onto the internal computer system.
· Process import and export bookings received from customers and branches and coordinate these consignments with our partners.
· Build relationships with customers
· Ensure a steady flow of information and confirmation regarding imports especially.
· Liaise with the Transport department to organize collections from the ports and to establish when the cargo is expected back
· Book in deliveries of all consignments with UK customers, where relevant.
· Provide the Warehouse and Transport departments with a manifest for each consignment giving clear loading and unloading instructions.
Your skills and experience:
· You are required to have an excellent level of literacy and numeracy
· Previous experience in a customer services role would be advantageous
· Experience of working in Logistics or Freight industry would be advantageous and experience in road freight would be ideal
· You should be computer literate and able to adapt to using in-house computer systems.
Good Reasons to Join:
· Competitive Salary.
· Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan.
· Route 2 Rewards.
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>