Job Title: Customer Service Operator
Vacancy Number: GB08730
We are currently recruiting for a Freight Customer Service Operator to join our Overland road freight division at one of our sites in East Midlands. As part of the role of the Customer Service operator you will be responsible for liaising with customers and relevant parties to ensure that customer expectations are met during the movement of cargo as well ensuring that we can maximise revenue on each market through co-ordinating the efficient operation and administration and building relationships with customers
· Process bookings received from customers efficiently and ensure they are arranged correctly with suppliers
· Ensure a steady flow of information and confirmation regarding all bookings
· Ensure a complete understanding of all quoting and booking procedures and invoicing procedures and operate accordingly
· Investigate any complications which may arise in relation to the movement of cargo and respond to them in a thorough and timely manner
· To develop and maintain good working relationships with the overseas partners and build mutual confidence and respect to ensure market knowledge and competitive rates are at the forefront of every response to enquiries
· Provide the Invoice Administration team with clear and accurate detailed files within specified deadlines
Your skills and experiences
· You are required to have an excellent level of literacy and numeracy
· Previous experience in a customer services role would be advantageous
· Experience of working in Logistics or Freight industry would be advantageous and experience in road
freight would be ideal
· You should be computer literate and able to adapt to using in-house computer systems.
Good reasons to join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We offer a competitive salary, Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan and Route 2 Rewards scheme with discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
Please be aware that the role is currently based in Nottingham however Spring 2019 we will be moving to a new site in East Midlands Gateway (DE74) so candidate must be prepared to work in Nottingham but be able to commute to the new site next year
With more than 79,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>