Job Title: Driver/Shunter
Vacancy Number: GB08631
What we're looking for
This role is part of our primary operation providing a premium quality service to our customers. Reporting to the Transport Team Managers, the successful applicants will be required to work a 5 out of 7 shift pattern covering a 24/7 operation.
What you'll do
· Accurate completion of all records of work and documentation, in accordance with legal requirements and company regulations and standards. In particular tacho's, driving hours and all paperwork connected with the transit of goods
· Demonstrate due regard to vehicle weight and dimensions and road restrictions at all times, with the emphasis on safety and economy of movement
· Understanding company schemes for fuel, tyres, repair and recovery
· Safeguarding, maintaining and fostering good customer relations
· Acting in a manner that shows the use of initiative and judgement that will result in maximum benefit to the company and the company's customers
· Checking goods on & off, obtaining POD documentation whilst ensuring security of vehicles and goods during transit to customers premises
What you'll bring
· Good knowledge of national road network.
· A good understanding of legal requirements regarding tachographs and driving hours
· Excellent communication skills and understanding of customer service requirements.
· A good degree of flexibility is required to fulfil the customer needs.
What you'll get
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. What we will provide includes:
· Competitive salary
· Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan.
· Route 2 Rewards scheme - discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
Why not find out more about Kuehne + Nagel, visit us at www.kuehne-nagel.com?
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>