Job Title: Seafreight Customer Service Operator
Vacancy Number: GB08894
We are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Operator to join our International Supply chain management department who will be responsible for providing best in class customer service to our customers every day. As part of your role of Customer Service Operator you will be liaising daily with internal and external customers ensuring this is carried out in a timely and professional fashion.
What you'll do
· Provide excellent customer service all day, every day to our customer base. Seeking ways to add value
to their business and communicate these effectively to the relevant parties to change processes for the better
· Build a close and robust relationship with our customers to guarantee that they will turn to us when they require help and will trust us with potential other business opportunities
· Communicate effectively with all overseas offices to arrange importation of freight based on customer
specific requirements. This includes but is not limited to Customs clearance, deliveries and import documentation control.
· Monitor and report on shipments and communicate any updates /or non-conformances to the affected parties, i.e. customer, customs team or Intermodal team
· Ensure customer communication is precise and received in a timely manner. Damage/claim
reporting, TIP reporting. Supporting the ISC team across the department by engaging in cross training
· Maximise profitability on all shipment files, keeping operational errors to a minimum and alerting management to potential problems.
· Be responsible for accurate accounting across your customer base
· Ensuring that all customer issues are fully resolved and feedback provided.
· To attend customer/supplier visits where required and ensure that all reporting must be accurate and
delivered according to agreed deadlines
What you'll bring
· Previous experience in a customer service role, ideally in a logistics/supply chain environment would be advantageous
· Excellent written and oral skills and confident liaising with customers and colleagues
· Previous Sea freight experience is essential
· Ability to work to deadlines, and under pressure in some situations.
· Good organisation skills and able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Hold a full UK driving licence.
What you'll get
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. What we will provide includes
· Competitive salary
· Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan.
· Route 2 Rewards scheme - discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
· Free Car Parking
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>