Our Industrial Placements are open to university students who are looking to complete a 12 month industrial placement in their third year of university. Our 12 months placements offer students the opportunity to gain real work experience in an area of our business. You will build commercial acumen and technical expertise through practical, first-hand experience in the front line of our business operations. We’re looking for students who have a passion for logistics, and want to gain real-life experience in a fast paced and complex logistics environment. If you’re ambitious, driven, and eager to show what you can do, this is a great way to start your career in logistics.
Starting in the summer of 2020, your role will be part of the Kuehne + Nagel Production System (KNPS) team on the Airbus contract. KNPS is KN’s continuous improvement system, which aims to improve efficiencies and reduce waste to ensure we are providing the best possible service for our customers. Within this role you will learn the fundamentals of KNPS, and use these skills to increase productivity and remove waste, directly contributing to the annual savings of the contract, and our service provision. Hours of work for this placement are Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.00pm.
· Contribute to larger projects that add value to KN and customers’ business
· Understand the operational areas and our customer needs
· Effectively lead and motivate whilst showing personal awareness and professionalism
· Assist with the development and communication of KPIs, KNPS tools and KNPS champions
· Review operational performance and identify opportunities to remove waste
· Support the operatives within the business unit to achieve KNPS white belt projects
· Complete a Yellow belt certification programme
Your Skills and Experiences
· A passion for continuous improvement
· Hardworking and committed
· Ability to work on own initiative
· A good team player
· A willingness to learn
· Excellent IT skills
Good Reasons to Join
A placement with Kuehne + Nagel is a fantastic way to kick start your career in logistics. You’ll gain real work experience in an exciting environment and a great insight into the world of logistics. We offer a salary of £17,500 per annum for all placements.