Are you a service leaver with a mechanical background who is keen to continue supporting the armed forces within an armourer environment.
Primary role is the Inspection and maintenance programmes of weapons, Instruments, ancillaries ensuring stock holdings are maintained in a serviceable condition and fit for issue.
· Ensure individual production targets are met, ensuring all job related paperwork is completed in line KPI’s.
· At all times comply with Health & Safety policy as defined by the appropriate Processes and Health and Safety Data and a safe working environment is maintained.
· Ensure documentation and working practices comply with business quality procedures, requirements and standards.
· Carry out workplace audits in line with business requirements
· Multi-Skilling across Technical Services work Zones as business needs dictates.
· Knowledge of workshop practices and to be able to work on your own and as part of a team.
· Use trade skills and qualifications in conjunction with current approved data to be able to complete jobs effectively.
· Carry out line examination on returned stores in support of storehouse activities.
Your Skills and Experiences
· Recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3.
· Applications for this specialist post are welcomed from candidates who are qualified as an artisan military Armourer to at least class 2 or have an equivalent qualification from the small arms industry or other related Engineering background, although training can be provided.
· Current experience in all in-service pattern Small Arms, Machine Guns and Support Weapons and associated Instruments and Ancillaries.
· Would be expected to attend training courses that fit to this roll. (This maybe off site and require stopover)
· Computer literate in Excel, Word, Outlook.
· Good Communication skills – written and verbal.
· Experience in leading/managing a team.
· Full driving licence
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2020-09-14T00:00:00.000Z