Airfreight Export Operator
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
We are currently recruiting for an Airfreight Export Operator at our Aberdeen offices to join our airfreight division who will be responsible for providing comprehensive customer support to the Airfreight division aswell as supporting in the running of Key accounts. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the world’s leading airfreight provider’s and as an Airfreight operator you will have a key role in promoting excellent customer relations as well as maintain existing business and develop new business opportunities within the Airfreight department.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Working directly with vendors, customers and your team, managing end to end transportation of a wide variety of equipment domestically and internationally.
· Responsible for providing efficient 1st class customer service at all times
· Primary contact for Air Exports responsible for handling queries and day to day from start to finish
· Processing Air Shipments and arranging customer/supplier collections on a daily basis
· Maintain and develop good relationships with all colleagues in the UK and overseas.
· Work closely with Local / National sales and provide necessary support to them when requested as
well as identifying any potential sales opportunities to the teams
· Be cost conscious and maximise profitability on all files handled
· Ensure that all job files are recorded regularly and accurately and that all files are invoiced and
accruals are made
Key Experience and Skills
· Previous experience in a similar role in a logistics environment would be preferred, experience airfreight would be advantageous
· Experience in the Oil and Gas sector would be advantageous
· Knowledge of export procedures
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
· Aviation Security Training
· Dangerous Goods Certification
Good Reasons to Join:
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary and 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and private health insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range
of high street or internet goods and services.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 79,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Learn more >>
Reference Number: GB09143