Air Electrical Examiner
Reference Number: GB06461
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control, and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Team Leidos which includes Kuehne + Nagel as the Storage, Distribution and Freight Delivery Partner took over the MoD's Logistics Commodities Services Operation in August 2015. In order to support the MoD Contract and other opportunities within the public sector, the Kuehne+Nagel Government and Defence Business Unit was set up within the UK Technology Division. The MoD Contract runs for 13 years with Transformation to a new state due to take until 2018.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that TS(A) provide an effective maintenance, storage and distribution service within the supply chain in order to sustain the fighting power of the UK Armed Forces world-wide by ensuring that;
• In accordance with relevant approved data, Tech Services Procedures and Work Based Instructions, carry out examination, minor repair, and adjustments to a range of Electrical and Avionics aviation components, associated sub-assemblies and component parts
• Meet agreed targets and objectives for Tech Services in accordance with KN/TS/LCS business plan to support and sustain our Armed Forces
• Ensure ISO 9001 Quality Standards are maintained and applied throughout the organisation.
• Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards are applied at all times
• Agree and complete all necessary training requirements with the Line Manager
• Provide greater flexibility of skills through multi-tasking to meet the transformation process ahead.
• Undertaking scheduled maintenance as per programme
• Responding to high priority requests such as UTI/RTI
• Diagnosing faults when required through Form 760 action
• Submitting requests for specialist components, fixtures or fittings in relation to maintenance programme
• Supporting any continuous/KNPS improvement approach in the creation of maintenance procedures
• Relaying customer requirements to the appropriate authority
• Working to British (BS), European (EN) and other standards;
• Liaising with others in the local and wider teams as required
• Attending meetings on site
• Recording, analysing and interpreting data appertaining to the work being undertaken
• Proposing modifications and retesting products
• Certifying the final product or system for the Authorised release of component
• Preparing product documentation, writing reports
• Shift and 'on-call' work may be required, particularly where maintenance equipment is in continual 24-hour operation
Your skills and experience
• Recognised Electrical/Avionics Engineering Apprenticeship, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent experience in the relevant aviation trade groups
• Working knowledge of Military aircraft aviation equipment and processes in accordance with approved data and regulations
• Security Clearance (SC)
• Good organisational skills
• Good Communication skills – both written and verbal
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Computer literate in Excel, Word, Outlook
• A working knowledge of Military Aviation Authority (MAA) regulations, best practice and current Air Publication
• Previous Self Supervisory experience
• Evidence of Human Factors training
• Knowledge of occurrence reporting
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks