IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works.
Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
IBM seeks to hire a Project Control Officer (PCO)
Resource will collaboratively work with and across multiple teams providing direction on process along with assignment and tracking of reviews and supporting ad-hoc request. These teams include, Account and Proposal teams, Deal Review Coordinators, Risk and TDA Consultants.
· Develop and maintain high quality collaborative relationship across a range of IBM organizations
· Develop trusted relationships with internal clients helping them navigate to what is required to for Risk and TDA reviews, and Deal Reviews (SRRs and PRRs).
· Monitor Risk in-box and respond to requests on a timely basis
· Supporting assignment of risk reviews and follow up with Risk Consultants workload for assignment of reviews
· Be the central focal to manage bandwidth & align reviewers to deals.
· Escalating and supporting the re-prioritization with the Risk Leader
· Maintain the Risk tracker updated and validated that the reviews are marked complete
· Maintain the NA Deal Tracker for potential pipeline of SRRs and PRRs
· Answer partner questions regarding the TDA and Risk processes
· Answer questions on Deal Review process and requirements
· Help maintain database, BOX or other tools with data repository requirements
· Assist in metrics reporting, process compliance and improvements. And Weekly and Monthly capture of data from multiple sources for metrics reporting and status.
· Assist with identification and prioritization of TDA/Risk application feature enhancements
· Spreadsheet development and updating
· Raising of delays and issues with processes, as well as, recommendations for improvement
· Provide risk management leadership reporting along with facilitating escalation awareness and support.
Skill and Experience Needs:
· Excel and working with large fluid spreadsheets.
· A plus are: Macro creation, pivot tables, data validation, formula use to include vlookup, scheduling and email
· Ability to learn new processes, coach and direct process with small teams
· Operate in a fluid and fast pace environment and process
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to communicate with multiple levels of management and executives
· An Understanding of GBS NA Deal Review Process, Sectors and Growth Platforms
· Learn new tools as needed
Auto req ID
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
please see above
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
please see above
Secondary Job Category
Other Project Management
· Must be eligible to work in Canada
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.