UI / UX Designer
About the Company
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company and global leader in networking products and services, acquired local startup Cape Networks in 2018. As Cape Networks we had a big vision: to improve the way the Internet works for everyone. We built a small team of skilled engineers and designers in Cape Town and a product that won us Best Startup of the year from Wi-Fi NOW.
Today, our product is the fastest growing in the Aruba portfolio and our Cape Town-based team is recognized as being at the leading edge of design thinking and execution. Now is a unique opportunity to join our growing our team, build new products, and scale our systems to meet a >100x surge in demand during the next 12-18 months.
What do we do?
Our product gives the IT industry insight into how their users are experiencing Wi-Fi, network, and application performance, and helps them fix problems before users complain. Other performance tools are complex and intimidating, built by network engineers for network engineers; ours is beautiful and simple, and our customers love it. Our sensor hardware is a delight to install and our software is easy and fun to use. Our product is used in offices, universities, banks, hotels, airports, stadiums, retail stores, and more - every business with Wi-Fi is a potential customer that we can help.
We design all our own hardware and software in Cape Town. Our software systems are built entirely in-house using Python, React, lnfluxDB, and AWS Kinesis and other technologies. We are truly a full stack company, with a great set of technical challenges to work on.
Your role in more detail
- Work on current designs & design system made in Sketch and Adobe
- Understand the visual language of our dashboard in order to make informed UI decisions
- Work on new pages/modals/concepts etc. in Sketch → Zeplin/Invision
- Help with UX processes and critically assess dashboard
- Help with animation/UI movement - prototype using your preferred format (eg. InVision Studio, Craft, After Effects)
- Work closely with CEO, lead designer and front-end team
- Work with team specifically on the scale dashboard that is in progress (ie. many many more customers and how to deal with that)
- Able to learn new concepts and business issues quickly
- Able to make logical conclusions, anticipate obstacles, and consider different approaches
- Create ideas, think outside the box, problem solver and solution finder
- Decisive and action-driven
- Attention to detail
- Strong visual sense and creative flair
- Digital background (advantage)
What we are offering
- Excitement and growth of a startup with the resources and security of a Fortune 100 company
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits
- Exposure to latest & greatest technologies
- Opportunity to help shape the product
- Growth and global scope
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.