Job ID 1022086 Date posted 5/9/2018 Primary Location London, England, United Kingdom; Bracknell, England, United Kingdom Other location Bracknell,Bracknell,United Kingdom Job Category Administration Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United Kingdom)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work.
In 1939, our founders started a revolution. In 2015, we reinvented ourselves as Hewlett Packard Enterprise to take it to the next level, helping our customers create their future. Our curiosity sparks ideas that shape the way business succeed, treating everyday as a new opportunity to advance how the world lives and works.
Our people seize the opportunity to define their career experiences by advancing and growing themselves and our company.
HPE Pointnext is the global services organization for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. We are dedicated to helping companies accelerate their digital transformations and make desired business outcomes a reality. This reflects the increasingly important role of services in our company, and our commitment to be services-led and outcome-focused when engaging with our customers.
As a Technology Consultant Degree Apprentice in HPE Pointnext, you will be learning and working in a real business environment on a variety of internal and external projects with HPE customers, gaining a full Digital Technology Degree on completion.
For example, you might learn about designing and implementing Microsoft Office 365, or developing Hybrid IT solutions using Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure. A typical first role might involve analysis, design, testing, documentation, troubleshooting or technical support – always supported by a team of experienced HPE consultants.
Responsibilities and duties
This is a technical role, offering great opportunities to develop both professional and technical skills. Apprentices will be given real responsibility from an early stage, supported by their manager with regular 1:1s, assigned a ‘buddy’ during on-boarding and a mentor that can help them shape their ongoing career at HPE.
There are multiple roles available with start dates anticipated July-September 2018
The person we are looking for will be:
· Passionate about technology
· Genuinely interested in business and want to make a difference
· Able to work well as part of a team
· A natural problem solver
· Very organised and able to manage their time effectively
· Proactive, with an attitude to make things happen
· An excellent communicator, with people of all levels
· Attention to detail focussed
· Able and willing to travel extensively throughout the UK, staying away from home during the week as required
As this role requires significant travel, preference will be given to applicants that hold a full UK driving licence.
· A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
· Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
· Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
· Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
· For any City and Guilds programmes, the learner must be 18 on the first day of their apprenticeship
Future prospects/ Benefits
What does working for HPE offer?
· Extensive social benefits
· Flexible working hours
· A competitive salary and shared values
· Make Hewlett Packard enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers
At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities. We are committed to developing early careers talent.
To apply for this role, please do so using the following link:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.