Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT solutions to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Our mission is to empower our customers with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Systems/Software Engineer within HPE Hybrid IT to join us!
· Design enhancements, updates and software changes for portions of systems software, including operating systems, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
· Analyze designs and determine software related development and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
· Execute and write portions of test plans, protocols and documentation for assigned portion(s) of application.
· Identify and debug issues with code and implements changes or improvements.
· Work with multiple project teams of software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing and integration.
· Expand relationships with development partners on software systems design and development.
· Provide innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
Education and Experience:
· Requires a Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field plus 2+ years of work experience in job offered, or related occupation.
· Experience with or knowledge of the following (can be gained concurrently with required experience and/or through education):
· Highly Proficient in C++ (Inheritance, RAII Idiom, templates, smart pointers)
· Complex Systems Knowledge; OS Kernel, Multiprocessor and Multi-threaded
· Multi-threading & memory management challenges
· File Systems; e.g. NFS, NTFS, WAFL3.
· Linux/UNIX (Cent OS)
Knowledge and Skills:
· Using software systems design tools and languages.
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· Designing software systems running on multiple platform types.
· Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers .
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.