System Engineer - Bigdata Analytics
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Software engineer responsible for design, development, troubleshooting and debugging of data engineering products for HCI, Software Defined Storage analytics products of HPE. This is an opportunity to be part of R&D team of HPE and work in areas of storage, filesystem, hyper converged solutions and analytics.
· Interacts with product management in understanding and finalizing requirements.
· Proposes the design choices and finalizes the design for new feature development, working with stake holders.
· Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
· Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of feature development; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements
· Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem
· Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution
· Education and Experience
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
· Minimum 2 - 10 years’ experience in Linux systems development/storage appliance development/analytics data collection domain.
· Must have experience building data pipelines using Scala(Preferably), Python or Java
· Data analytics experience with SQL, Hadoop or ideally Spark
· Machine Learning Experience
· Experience with SMACK stack is preferred
· Familiarity with Linux, Unix, VMWare and Storage
Knowledge and Skills
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· Designing software systems running on multiple platforms
· Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.