Sr. Data Scientist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to join our growing Infosight Data Science and Services team. As part of the Nimble Infosight team at HPE, you will work on cutting-edge projects, with high visibility!
If you have the relevant experience, have a passion for quality and good software engineering practices, and enjoy working in a fast paced, highly rewarding environment, then HPE is the place for you. #CBHPE
InfoSight collects hundreds of terabytes of operational and diagnostic telemetry from our customers, which enables us to help them get the most out of their IT infrastructure. We are looking for an enthusiastic data scientist with an interest in deriving actionable insights from this ever-growing telemetry dataset. You will work closely with our data science, engineering, customer support and product management teams on a variety of analytics projects including but not limited to large-scale product diagnostics and studies to determine the prioritization of new product features.
· Design, develop, and deliver machine learning/AI enabled solutions
· Analyze large datasets in a production ready environment, using Nimble’s InfoSight platform
· Develop working prototypes of algorithms and evaluate using real-world data sets
· Identify/develop appropriate machine learning techniques to uncover the value of the data
· Identify, analyze and interpret trends or pattern in complex data sets, including telemetry from storage arrays and other IT infrastructure components
· Use advanced machine learning techniques to predict or alert in case of failures, and recommend actions that can mitigate or resolve them.
· Carefully scrutinize all analyses for sources for possible bias, error, or uncertainty
· Automate data collection, pre-processing and/or analysis
· Communicate findings clearly and succinctly to technical and non-technical audience.
· Look at trillions of sensors from customers and analyze data
· Use trends to build ML models that help make predictions and/or recommendations
Education and Experience Required:
· Ph.D., or Masters with equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related areas, with at least 3 years of experience in machine learning, data mining, and statistical analysis.
Additional Job Description
· Machine Learning - Must
· Proven aptitude for writing complex SQL queries and scripting in Python, Bash, R, Perl, or similar.
· Strong knowledge of tools for data processing and information retrieval
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
· Exemplary communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams.
· Experience working with large data sets, distributed computing tools (Spark, Scala), and basic understanding of systems architecture preferred
· Deep Learning - plus
· AI – plus
· Container technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos Docker -plus
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.