Software Engineering Intern
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Software-defined and Cloud Group (SDCG) has the mission of defining and developing the next generation of software-enabled Hybrid IT solutions to provide the simplest experience for our customers to consume and operate their business workloads and applications. Our team provides support to our portfolio which includes:
- Integrated software-defined systems
- Automation and orchestration management software to seamlessly align applications with the underlying infrastructure
- HPE cloud capabilities that enable developers and data center operators to effortlessly build cloud applications in their Hybrid IT environments
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineering Intern located to work in the Milpitas, California office. This intern will design, develop, troubleshoot and debugs OneView software, an innovative approach to IT infrastructure management based on software-defined intelligence.
· Design, develop, enhance, and test OneView user interface.
· Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
· Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
· Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
· Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Second year of Bachelor's degree completed
Knowledge and Skills:
· HTML5 CSS3 and JQuery
· Git or any source control tool
· Using software development tools.
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· Designing software systems running on multiple platform types.
· Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
· Basic system/networking/storage skills in Linux and Windows
• Competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.