Software Automation Engineer
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE Nimble Storage Predictive Flash Platform delivers Data Velocity by closing the app-data gap. Experience absolute performance, non-stop availability, and cloud-like agility through predictive analytics and a unified flash fabric. Over 8,000 customers have deployed the Predictive Flash Platform as the foundation for on-premise private clouds, SaaS and managed services.
If you have the relevant experience, have a passion for quality and good Software Engineering practices, and enjoy working in a fast paced, highly rewarding environment, then HPE Nimble Storage is the place for you.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
· Plan, Design, document, maintain, automate and execute test case scenarios for Nimble Storage systems
· Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
· Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of a reusable and sustainable QA automation library that is built using Python.
· Collaborate with Development and QA Engineers to build robust and efficient automated test libraries and scripts, touching the full stack from Host OS and adapters, to network switching components, to Nimble Storage arrays.
· Enhance and expand the automation framework to accommodate new functional requirements.
· Responsible for test execution and automation for data protection features of the Nimble OS product.
· Design functional, stress, scalability, HA type of tests for the product. Testing and configuration of iSCSI/FC clients and switches connected to Nimble storage arrays
· Work closely with cross functional teams.
· Create reports, engineering documentation, and best practices based on test results analysis
· Collaborate with Development and Automation Engineers to build robust and efficient automated test libraries and scripts.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Typically 3-5 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Must have strong knowledge of Python
· Expertise developing test automation software
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· Effectively manage multiple assignments or projects.
· Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
· Network storage protocols such as iSCSI, FC, snapshots, cloning, replication a plus.
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.