IT Commercial Legal Counsel
Acts as legal advisor to assigned internal clients or other company attorneys with respect to matters related to the area of specialty. Identifies legal risk and recommends solutions that help address the client’s objectives. Represents company in transactions, interactions, or disputes with customers, suppliers, partners, and competitors. Balances the business interests of client groups with ultimate fiduciary responsibility to company. Represents the company before industry policy setting organizations, government agencies, and other regulatory bodies. Areas of law practiced may include intellectual property law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate securities law, litigation, employment, structured financial deals, US government contracting, outsourcing, environmental, employee benefits, or bankruptcy.
· Provides legal advice to support client decisions within a specific legal concentration.
· Develops risk profiles addressing complex specialty law.
· Refines and builds knowledge from a variety of resources, working towards becoming an expert within a specific legal concentration, and shares knowledge with other team members.
· Identifies, analyzes, and resolves complex legal issues within a specialty area.
Education and Experience Required:
· Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB); additional advanced degree relevant to the specialty preferred.
· Meets local legal license requirements.
· Typically 4-6 years commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
· Well developed level of business experience supporting clients or advising on specialty law matters.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Well-developed breadth of practical knowledge within a specific legal concentration, with demonstrated in- depth knowledge in one or more sub- areas within the specific legal concentration.
· Good knowledge of company policies and procedures.
· Well-developed competence and experience in negotiating or advising on legal and business matters in the specialty.
· Able to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language communications.
· English language skills to business standard preferred.
· Previous experience supporting 'as a service' solutions.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.