Job ID 1022940 Date posted 6/28/2018 Primary Location Erskine, Scotland, United Kingdom Job Category Supply Chain and Operations, Graduate programs and Internships Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United Kingdom)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, our technology and services help transform our customers around the world to become more efficient, more productive and more secure. They enable our customers to go further. And our employees to develop, learn and advance their careers.
About HPE Graduate Programme
Growing our talent begins with the graduates who join HPE Graduate Programme, infusing HPE with a fresh perspective and ensuring we continue to have a strong mix of skills and diversity in our workforce. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture - learning does not only happen through training.
As a Graduate Strategic Procurement Analyst , you will be responsible for managingcommodities/categoriesworldwide, including goods and services that support the company and its customers. Includes setting category strategies; supply base development to meet the company and customer requirements; and supplier contracting and negotiations; supplier qualification; and establishing quality processes / resolving quality issues. Emphasis is on strategy, supplier development, negotiations, business relationships, quality, cost, assurance of supply and predictability. You will help develop the company procurement strategies, policies and tactics required to achieve objectives. Primary objective is to reduce the cost of supply and meet demand requirements, business and quality specifications, and revenue goals. You will add value to the company through managing performance aspects of major contracts and subcontracts.
· Analyze data from system queries to support a supply category; report any issues or problems to procurement manager.
· Learn to use function- specific tools and systems.
· Engage with partners on projects.
· Review performance metrics on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement.
Education and Experience Required:
· First level university degree or equivalent experience.
· Typically 0-2 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Basic understanding of procurement processes.
· Good analytical skills.
· Good business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint).
· Good knowledge and use of procurement tools and applications.
· Good communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
· Good teamwork skills.
· Mastery in English and local language.