Data Science Research–Artificial Intelligence Intern
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people’s relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act. Hewlett Packard Enterprise helps customers make their mark on the world with cutting-edge technology solutions. We enable our customers to transform industries, markets, and lives by optimizing their IT to be uniquely suited to their needs. We do this by making Hybrid IT simple, powering the Intelligent Edge, and providing the Expertise to make it happen. Our customers' challenges inspire us to advance technology and create solutions - their success is our success.
The Global Marketing organization at Hewlett Packard Enterprise is charted to provide deep insights about customers and channel partners to accelerate demand generation and enhance customer experience. We, in the Marketing Data Science team, are one of the key contributors in this mission by using advanced analytics over massive amounts of digital and transaction data. Over the past few years, we have established a solid track record that has made an impactful influence on HPE strategy and business results. We have also maintained strong research partnership in select areas with leading researchers in academia, and provide a strong encouragement to contribute to the technical community. In 2009, our team was responsible for development and deployment of product portfolio management technology, which resulted in HP winning the INFORMS Edelman Award. In 2012, our team won the INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Section Practice Award for outstanding applications of revenue management and pricing methodologies. More recently, our team has been recognized in 2017 and 2019 by ITSMA for its innovative contributions with high business impact in digital marketing and personalization, resulting in HPE winning the first prize on both these occasions.
We are seeking a Research Intern this summer who is interested in developing next-generation solutions that can further accelerate demand generation and bring the best of AI technology to HPE Marketing. We are looking for individuals passionate in areas such as deep learning, natural language processing, reinforcement learning, computational statistics and applied mathematics. The minimum duration for this internship is 12 weeks and can be extended to 16 weeks, based on availability of candidate. Applicants are expected to be pursuing a Ph.D. in one of the areas listed above; outstanding Master students may also be considered.
The Research Intern will:
· Work on projects in one or more applied areas including customer segmentation, attribution modeling, marketing campaign design, ecommerce product recommendations, web personalization, conversational engines, and predictive analytics modeling to capture customer requirements.
· Be responsible for building state-of-the-art advanced analytics models while utilizing massive structured and unstructured information.
· Importantly, the candidate should be able to analyze vast amounts of digital and non-digital data to draw business conclusions and provide recommendations to stakeholders.
· We’re looking for people with razor-sharp analytical skills and with the ability to lead projects independently from start to finish.
Required Education, Skills/Knowledge Qualifications
· Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, or Operations Research.
· 0-4 years of relevant experience
· Strong academic background in machine learning and artificial intelligence, including but not limited to: statistical learning, linear models, deep neural networks, graphical models, causal inference, network analysis, and time series analysis. Strong academic background and skills in empirical work should be demonstrated.
· Experience, projects, and/or coursework with databases (such as Vertica, MySQL) and programming languages (such as R, Python, Java). Ability to manipulate and analyze complex, large scale, high dimensionality data from varying sources.
· Experience, projects, and/or coursework in algorithmic design and rapid software prototyping.
· Work effectively in a cross-disciplinary research team with a focus on developing novel AI, machine learning models to address large-scale real world business problems.
· Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
· ·Excellent programming skills in one or more: R, Python, Java, C, C++, C#, VBA, SQL
· Ability to manipulate and analyze complex, large scale, high dimensionality data from varying sources.
· A strong interest in theoretical and empirical research to answer hard business questions.
· Ability to communicate complex subjects in a clear, precise and actionable manner.
· Publication record at top-tier conferences in Computer Science such as NeurIPS, ICML, IJCAI, KDD, AAAI, AIStats, ICDM, etc.
· A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
· Diverse and dynamic work environment
· Work-life balance and support for career development
· An amazing life inside the element!
Want to know more about it? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.