BlueData Software Engineer
The systems engineer position is a software design and development role in a fast-paced startup environment. The development responsibility will span the spectrum of containers, virtualization, storage & network I/O, big-data and AI/ML applications. Specific duties will include: software installation management, storage configuration and performance, network configuration and performance, integration with hypervisor management software, data security, authentication and access control, resource management, and integration with HDFS and other big-data storage platforms.
Requirements & Qualifications
· BS, MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Design and develop distributed software in a Network/Storage Virtualization environment.
· Experience writing C and Python. Knowledge of Erlang and/or Go a plus
· Experience in virtualization/networking/storage
· Knowledge/Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes system a plus
· Exposure to development in distributed systems environment/technologies
· Experience with working on Linux systems and exposure to high-availability solutions
· Positive experience with small teams & high accountability
· Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.