Description de l'offre
Job ID 1031432 Date posted 10/31/2018 Primary Location London, England, United Kingdom Job Category Services Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United Kingdom)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
The Aruba Resident Engineer role and responsibilities are primarily focused upon providing ongoing technical support and consulting services to HPE-Aruba customers for Aruba product and solutions.
· Providing Pre-Service and some Post-Deployment technical support. Pre-Service responsibilities are to team with customer to scale-up Aruba Sales proof of concept or pilot configurations to customer production network, integrate the Aruba edge network solution with customer enterprise network, help verify and validate devices used by the customer on the new Aruba edge network solution, design and help configure Aruba security solutions as part of the customer’s network security posture, and integrate Aruba network management elements into the customer’s network operational support system.
· Proactively analyze and recommend ways to optimize and utilize on the customer’s Aruba investment. Conduct periodic quality audits, per Aruba Resident Engineering best practices.
· Collaboration in the development of mobility solutions; building customer test beds; conducting verification & validation testing; developing performance benchmarks
· Actively seek to education and expand customer Aruba technical expertise through informal workshops, coaching sessions, design reviews, and documentation for customer use
· Provide expertise in troubleshooting WLAN/LAN/WAN problems, as well as troubleshooting Aruba product issues.
Aruba Resident Engineer Challenges
· Ability to integrate as part and be accepted as part of the customer engineering and operations team
· Ability to quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on customer issues with Aruba products
· Ability to continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer
· Team with the HPE-Aruba Sales Team and be engaged in their work with the customer
· Ability to operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving
· Maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer
· At least 7-10 years practical Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking and at least 3-5 years practical hands on Aruba WLAN and 802.11 experience and expertise.
· Four-year college or university degree or equivalent training and certification.
· Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks; which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security, authentication, certificates, remote access, network access controls, and IP network management
· Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level).
· Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking.
· Experience in consulting network engineer role, preferred.
· Good communications skills, both oral and written.
· Project management experience/skills/background, a plus
· Experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution.
· Ability to be on-site at customer premises regularly.
· Experience in identification of potential opportunities to for additional HPE-Aruba business
· Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments
· Methodical approach to trouble resolution
· Comfortable with non-standard work schedule.
Preferred Experience and Expertise
· Attain Aruba certifications (ACCP, ACMP, ACCX, ACMX)
· SFDC Services
· Ekahau™ Survey PRO and Spectrum Analyzer
· Protocol analysis- TCP/IP stack and PCAP
· LINUX, Python, Hadoop
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.