Aruba Engineering Resolution Team (ERT) Engineer
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is redefining the Intelligent Edge with Mobility and IoT solutions for organizations of all sizes. The company delivers IT solutions that empower organizations to serve GenMobile – mobile-savvy users who rely on cloud-based business apps for every aspect of their work and personal lives – and to harness the power of insights to transform business processes.
Aruba’s modern, programmable switches easily integrate with our industry leading network management and security solutions for an end-to-end campus architecture that’s secure and easy to operate.
Aruba is ending decades of static, closed networking with new campus core and aggregation switches.
The Aruba ERT engineer will be a part of the Americas regional team and provide Level 3 worldwide technical support to HPE-Aruba customers and support entities for HPE-Aruba Campus & Branch switch products, including Aruba’s new campus and core aggregation switches.
The Aruba ERT engineer should be proficient in network technologies and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Provides direct pre-sales and post-sales technical support by successfully resolving escalated issues from HPE-Aruba customers and support entities.
· Works closely with R&D Lab for fault isolation of root cause for complex networking issues.
· Attends technical meetings to ensure product and/or support improvement for new product introductions.
· Works cross-functionally with many departments such as Product Marketing, Technical Marketing, Manufacturing, R&D Hardware and Software Labs.
· Is available by cell phone 24x7 for critical customers on a rotation basis.
· Occasionally available to go on site at a customer's location to handle escalated customer issues.
· Minimum of Five (5) years practical Layer 2/3/4 internetworking troubleshooting experience.
· Minimum of Three (3) years practical hands on HPE-Aruba Campus & Branch switch products experience and expertise.
· Four-year college or university degree or equivalent training and certification.
· This is an interrupt-driven, dynamic work environment requiring excellent technical, problem solving and customer communication skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
· Flexibility, good judgment, dependability, planning & organization, and the ability to function in an interrupt-driven environment are a must.
· Experience in trouble isolation in three or more of the following Ethernet standards/protocols: TCP, UDP, DHCP, LLDP, VLANs, QoS, STP, RPVST+, GRE, BGP, OSPF, PIM
· An in-depth knowledge of PoE and Multicasting (PIM and IGMP) is required.
· Extraordinary teamwork and customer satisfaction skills are necessary.
· Seven (7) years of network troubleshooting experience desired.
· Protocol analysis – In depth wire trace analysis experience.
· Scripting – Python, Tcl, and Expect
· Performance tools - IXIA, Networking Test Suites, Linux
· Wireless, VmWare, and Windows Server experience is desired.
· A solid knowledge of Network Management tools and SNMP is preferred.
· Experience in client authentication access protocols (802.1X, RADIUS, TACACS+, etc.) is beneficial.
· Aruba/HPE Certifications –
· Aruba Certified Switching Professional (ACSP)
· Cisco Certifications -
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.