Job ID T_R_1610243 Date posted 5/17/2017 Primary Location Cambridge, England, United Kingdom Job Category Services Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United Kingdom)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
Job Family Description:
Undertakes the service management activities and minor enhancement involved in the ongoing delivery of Application Management. Provides application lifecycle technical expertise for the support, monitoring, troubleshooting, change and enhancement of packaged (e.g. SAP, Oracle) or custom applications (e.g. Java, .NET and Mainframe) in accordance with contractual terms and conditions and established technical standards such as CMMI-SCC and ISO. Provides technical input, and delivery model solutions/recommendations to Application Management Services deal pursuit. Engages in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Undertakes the full range of Service Management functions required to ensure service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and committed service levels on an on-going basis following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards, such as ISO, and best practices such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Manages the technical/service relationships: between HP and the customer, between HP and subcontractors/vendors, or among various HP internal organizations. Works with the key customers, and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (e.g., Account Executive and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business. HP Application Management employees are supported by Service Desk function when they work directly with application end-users on application incidents. Provides input to and/or manages service improvement programs regarding customer satisfaction and service delivery. Employees using this job family should be working in Applications Management not ITO or hardware support.
Job Level Definitions
Ability to apply subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common and complex business issues. Works on problems/projects of moderate to complex in scope. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
• Technical Knowledge: Apply technical knowledge to solve application issues on client sites and within SaaS environments. With minimal supervision, integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for HP and for customers.
• Incident Management: Resolve most technical incidents independently within technical area. Work with team members to resolve more complex or cross-technology incidents. Documents known errors and work arounds.
• Escalation Management: identify potential escalations and alert management proactively. Manage basic escalations with customer.
• Problem Management: Begin to proactively provide solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility. Analysis of data and trends to define changes to increase application reliability, reduce maintenance costs, etc.
• Change Management/Implementation: Independently review, implement, and verify changes/solutions to meet customer needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
Understand and escalate scope changes per change control process.
• Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
• Solution Design: Apply HP solutions to meet customer needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
• Quality: Provide continual improvement recommendations/direction setting and advice within work team.
• Project Management: Participate in customer and internal projects, including transformation. Contribute to projects from own responsibility area.
• Customer Relationship Management: Balance internal needs against customer requirements and/or internal businesses/end user's needs within defined parameters.
• Teamwork: Work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multi functional. Seen as a resource to the team and may mentor less experienced team members within their area of technical responsibility.
• Contract Knowledge: Demonstrates basic understanding of business contract to support and meet contractual metrics and obligations in area of responsibility.
• Mentor less-experienced team members on specific areas within their technical authority.
• Capacity and Performance
Analyzes service performance data involving response time, throughput, and utilization across all customers for standard services to detect trends and to generate forecasts of capacity growth.
• Business Continuity - Responsible for executing recovery actions.
Scope and Impact
• Provide leadership and input for a range of customer(s)
• Medium-size service or many smaller services
• Sub-region or region
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT Service Management, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. Typically 3-7 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills:
Typical skills include:
· Understanding of applications technology in direct responsibility
· Experience working with and following ITIL Best Practices
· General understanding of related technologies
· Customer Service
· Customer/Vendor Management
· Strong communications skills
· Eager to learn and embrace new tools and technologies used in all areas of the environment (application, database, and infrastructure)
· Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast paced, 24x7, team oriented environment (SaaS and on premise)
· Ability to adapt to changing technical circumstances
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure while working with internal teams
· Discipline to follow implemented, proven processes
· Ability to propose processes and/or procedures needed based on issues experienced with the applications and/or environments
· Experience with Open Source Technologies(Java, Apache, JBOSS)
· Experience troubleshooting applications that sit on Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Windows 2000, Windows 2003) is required
· Experience with Microsoft SQL server SQL Server 2005, SQL 2008
· Ability to develop custom scripts with a wide variety of tools such as perl, VB Script is desired
· Experience with administration of Microsoft Windows 2008Server is a plus
· Experience working in E-Discovery is a plus
· Experience with Citrix is a plus
· Experience with Microsoft Clustered Servers is a plus
· Experience working in a law firm with a litigation support product is a plus
Working hours Monday to Friday 11:00 – 20:00 to meet client commitments
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on: