Baker Hughes GE
Baker Hughes GE Global Operations
Environmental Health & Safety
BHGE has an opportunity for an OFS HSE Manager / SSA Region to join our team in Pemba - Mozambique. Position will be reporting to SSA Region HSE Lead.
· Oversee all aspects of health, safety and environmental programs to maintain full compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as internal and external business requirements and driving continual improvement
· Act as a focal point for HSE support to OFS HSE activities within HSE Region and manage in Country local OFS HSE activities
· Work closely with OFS Product Lines (PL’s) HSE Leads to implement specific OFS PL’s HSE improvement programs and initiatives within SSA Region
· Work closely and arrange activities with the HSE Country leads and HSE network in SSA Region to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and BHGE policies; to ensure practical, cost-effective measures are in place within the work place; an HSE Culture exists that ensures all OFS employees are accountable and responsible for health, safety and environmental conditions and practices
· Develop procedures based on regulatory and/or client requirements for OFS activities
· Drive Accountability and HSE Leadership amongst OFS operations leaders
· Develop, prepare and present complete regular updates broken down by Countries / sites to OFS leadership team on HSE key performance indicators and required improvement plans to achieve and exceed targeted goals
· Work with SSA region HSE Leads to align with Region HSE expectations, plans and priorities
· Develop additional HSE goals / targets / priorities specific to OFS PL’s as needed and follow up regularly on the progress
· Manage OFS Clients HSE requests, responses, clarifications and plan engagement activities with customer operational teams
· Serve as HSE technical expert for key OFS HSE activities including but not limited to risk assessments, incident investigation, management of change, upstream process safety, waste management, transportation safety, Drops, mechanical lifting, and emergency planning and response
· Plan and lead HSE Audits and self-assessments to assure conformance with BHGE HSE management system on OFS locations and field activities. Follow up on internal and external HSE Audits findings with stake holders and drive timely closure of findings
· Develop a strategy to effectively implement the BHGE Contractor Management procedure for all OFS third party contractors within SSA region, including but not limited to, screening, site audits, orientation, frequent service quality meetings, specific HSE KPIs, and HSE terms & conditions impeded in the contracts
· Ensure on boarding of all new hires and short service employees and contract employees are completed according to BHGE on boarding process
· Work with the local HSE team members to ensure incident investigations are completed with utmost quality as well as the development and assessment of corrective and preventative actions for OFS related incidents
· Ensure timely closure of OFS incidents and relevant action items
· Organize with Country HSE Leads and prepare for Incident Review boards with OFS PL Leads for major/Sever/HiPo OFS related incidents
· Analyze OFS HSE incidents trends to identify emerging issues and recommend corrective actions
· Communicate to OFS PL Leads findings and improvements required
· Develop and oversee, track employee health and environmental protection programs and initiatives
· Handle special projects, as assigned within and outside of OFS HSE support for SSA Region with other Product Companies / Product Lines as required
· Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent knowledge or experience
· 15 years’ experience in the HSE field in the Oil & Gas including upstream Oilfield Services with experience and impactful results in HSE function
· Minimum 3 years in management/lead role
· Recognized HSE Certification (i.e. NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent) required
· Excellent Command of speaking, writing and reading English
· Train the trainer qualification
· Lead Auditor qualification (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001)
· Excellent communication skills internally and externally with clients
· Excellent presentation skills
· Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal, team building and influencing skills
· Thorough understanding of local safety regulations and regulatory process; the ability to research, analyze, interpret and implement HSE regulations, standards, and best practices
· Ability to work in a teamwork environment
· Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and lead teams towards achieving common goals
· Experience in HSE management systems, auditing, risk assessment, behavioural change program and root cause investigation techniques
· Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Chemistry or Science or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Good command of speaking, reading and writing Portuguese and French
· Post Graduate qualification in HSE science (i.e. Master’s Degree) or NEBOSH Diploma or other relevant degree
· Operational or technical previous experience
· Knowledge about radiation safety and explosives handling
· Experience in Human Factors / Human Performance techniques
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .