Healthcare Life Sciences
Within the GE Cell and Gene Therapy team we are creating a cloud-based Manufacturing Execution System to run cutting edge biological factories. The software we have developed already helps our customers deliver incredible new treatments to cure cancer and fight many other devastating diseases.
· This role is for a front-end developer to work on our web application at the heart of the factory. You will be responsible for all aspects of the user interface, making use of the latest client-side technologies to bring native app like functionality to our cloud software.
· Develop touch-friendly and responsive web applications using Ruby on Rails, HTML5, CSS3 and the latest client-side frameworks (Angular, React, Vue, Ember).
· Evaluate and recommend a particular framework to standardize our front-end development and then ensure we stay current with the evolution of that framework.
· Provide technical leadership and guidance to the wider web application team in the best-practice use of tools and methodologies for front-end development e.g task runners (Grunt), JS/CSS preprocessors (CoffeeScript, Babel, LESS, Sass), templating (Handlebars.js)
· Maintain a strong focus on testing everything you develop as well as championing the use of new tools and methodologies to improve software quality e.g. JSLint, Mocha, Chai, Jasmine
· Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the capabilities of popular browsers and work to ensure a consistent user experience across them.
· Use appropriate tools to prototype new user interfaces and conduct usability testing.
· Contribute to our agile development process by capturing user stories, defining acceptance criteria and being an active participant in standups and retrospectives.
· Follow modern software engineering best-practice: collaborative distributed coding with branching version control, continuous integration and deployment.
· Drive world-class quality in the development and support of our products in accordance with our ISO9001 Quality Management System and the principals of GAMP5 Good Manufacturing Practice.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other “STEM” subject or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Front-end development experience on a commercial web application.
· Fluent English
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
· Experience of developing software for healthcare and the regulatory environment which surrounds it would be helpful.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .