Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
The Electronic Test Technician will perform all responsibilities of testing, measuring, and recording for acceptance of electrical power equipment in a production environment and/or perform product development and qualifications of electrical power equipment in a lab environment. 1st shift hours are 6:00am-2:30pm.
· Review, understand, and follow work instructions, procedures, specification, schematics, interpret technical documents and other instructions for completeness to perform test operations
· Set up and operate standard electronic / electrical and mechanical test equipment including fixturing; Troubleshoot AC and DC boards, circuits, and hardware to component level
· Perform basic electronic assembly operations using nuts, bolts and screws as required; Assemble and modify experimental circuits and prototypes according to engineering instructions
· Perform mechanical measurements using scales, calipers, and gages; Perform electrical measurements using DVMs, oscilloscopes, and other electrical measuring devices; Use pneumatic and hand tools to perform assembly tasks
· Solder and de-solder SMT and through holes during the development stage of hardware
· Practically apply basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions, decimals and whole numbers); Conversion of numbers to and from metrics
· Communicate technical issues effectively to other employees in the department as well as engineers
· Keep all machinery, tools, and work areas clean; Handle parts as directed by supervisor
· Perform all tasks or operations per router instructions (i.e. Proficy)
Record all non-conformances in applicable systems (i.e. TipQA)
· Associate’s degree in electronic engineering technology or equivalent military training and coursework Requirements
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds repetitively, occasionally lift up to 35 pounds non-repetitively, and sometimes lifts over 35 pounds with assistance
· Conform to all EHS guidelines including, but not limited to, wearing required PPE; Work in an area where there may be moderate noise intensity (85 to 89.9 dBa) and areas where hearing protection is required; Work in an area where, due to normal machining operations, there may be dust, fumes, or smoke (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels)
· 2 years of experience in electronics
· Experience using oscilloscopes, function generators, multi-meters, AC/DC power supplies, and voltage/current probes
· Ability to read and follow detailed work instructions and interpret technical documents, including electronic schematics
· Manual dexterity to perform assembly tasks in a safe and efficient manner
· Strong computer skills
· Ability to work in a team-based environment and maintain an excellent record of attendance and punctuality
· Ambition to excel and advance in skills and knowledge
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of commercial, military and business and general aviation jet and turboprop engines and components, along with avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for aircraft.
AtGE Aviation , we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more
productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.
At GE Aviation, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. If you’re passionate about generating advances in aviation to solve some of the world’s toughest
problems and are looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE Aviation as we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.