Wavespace Assistant Facilitator (Manager)
Location: London, More London Place
Hours – Monday-Friday, 35 hours pw
Opening date: 23 rd July 2020
Closing date: 21st August 2020 (30 days)NP
Wavespace is a global network of growth and innovation centres – EY’s vehicle for accelerating problem solving and co-creating solutions to our clients’ biggest challenges.
We are currently creating a purpose-built facility which will house a new flagship Wavespace for London in our More London Place headquarters, and a new home for 300 of our most innovative and creative people (“Campus”).
We are searching for brilliant people to fill key roles in our Wavespace crew.
The Assistant Facilitator is a member of the event facilitation and design capability for events hosted in the London flagship wavespace.
• Work collaboratively to design and execute high profile client experiences.
• Contribute to the facilitation of a range of high impact events and workshops in the London wavespace, including leading certain small to medium sized experiences.
• Key point of contact for the EY account team and client.
• Work with the account team and client to understand the desired outcomes for the client and using design thinking methodologies/global wavespace toolkit to design and deliver an experience that achieves those outcomes.
• Project manage the end to end delivery of client experiences, ensuring that facilitation, design, production and content are on schedule.
• Manage and contribute to the design of Murals and the creation of other content for workshops
• Deliver high quality outputs post event in a timely fashion.
• Be involved in the design and delivery of sprints to develop ideas co-designed with clients further into prototypes, roadmaps or business models, depending on the subject.
• Participate in client pitches
• Actively link with and build relationships with the rest of the wavespace network
Skills and attributes for success
• Recent and relevant consulting experience, gained within a Big 4 firm - essential
• Proven design thinking or facilitation capability - essential
• Experience managing digital workspaces, and the ability to quickly pick up new software / tools quickly as the wavespace toolkit evolves
• Ability to communicate effectively with C-Suite level stakeholders and ability to work with the CEO and Board of major international firms - essential, evidenced on CV
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and experience or interest in impactful storytelling
• Knowledge and experience of applying design thinking methodologies
• Strong demonstrable Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
• Experience of designing, managing and running multiple day events for external clients
• Confidence with ambiguity
• Bias for action: can be counted on to deliver
• Demonstrated experience building strong cross functional working relationships within a matrix environment.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively, and with a wide range of team members and clients
• Ability to manage people in the event and EY account teams to deliver successful events every time
Ideally you’ll also have:
• Professional services / consulting experience across strategy, innovation, change management, service design, customer experience, technology, supply chain, finance, or other business advisory specialism
• Strong network across EY to help accelerate the adoption of wavespace
• Sector experience across 1 or more sectors to help contextualise wavespace for cross service line Account Partners
• A brilliant back story and/or superpower.
• Lead Facilitator
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.