Opening date: 23/08/2019
Closing date: 21/09/2019
Join our international tax services team, and develop your transfer pricing career with our close-knit team, working with exciting multinational companies.
Our National Markets Transfer Pricing team helps multinational groups through the entire transfer pricing lifecycle including designing, implementing, documenting, monitoring and defending intercompany pricing policies that align their global tax model with the business strategy. This may include planning expansion into new strategic or regional markets. Another key element of the work is supporting businesses with tax-effective supply chain management. The team provide a range of services covering all types of intercompany transaction and work collaboratively with groups across all industry sectors.
The client base is very broad covering privately owned UK headquartered groups, including fast growth start-ups and businesses backed by private equity, UK listed groups outside the FTSE100 and many overseas parented groups. As a member of this team, you’ll work on multidisciplinary projects helping clients develop and implement integrated and far-sighted global strategies in the ever changing regulatory environment, as well as building long lasting client relationships.
The National Markets Transfer Pricing Team is currently experiencing strong demand for its services and has ambitious growth plans. There are excellent career progression opportunities for successful candidates who demonstrate the skills and attributes outlined below. You will receive regular technical and on the job training and support, as well as opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and support you to achieve your full potential.
Your key responsibilities
· To take ownership of the efficient and successful delivery of transfer pricing advisory services to clients while proactively managing all interested stakeholders
· Ensure consistent delivery of technical excellence and the application of a practical/business enthusiastic approach on all projects
· Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and be the main point of contact
· Develop an account management mind-set anticipating client needs, while consistently providing exceptional levels of client service
· Effectively manage project teams, budgets and engagement level risk, on a day to day basis
· Build a network of contacts with other parts of the firm, both across tax and other lines of service, identifying and driving forward new business opportunities
· Develop tailored solutions to client specific issues and identify improved and more effective ways of working
· Support the development of junior members of the team through the allocation and supervision of their work, together with regular on the job coaching and mentoring
Skills and attributes for success
· Exceptional technical skills and keen to develop further
· Ability to build strong and effective relationships at all levels, both with colleagues and clients
· Client focused, applying judgment in forming practical and commercial insights
· Excellent communicator both written and oral, in a range of situations
· Willingness to consider input from all appropriate sources before forming conclusions
· Ability to influence and adapt to the individual styles of other people
· Strong and motivated team player
· Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
· Ability to manage competing priorities and ensure an effective allocation of resources
· Ability to identify and solve problems creatively and pragmatically by developing new solutions
· Willingness to take ownership of your own development and demonstrate self-awareness
· Ability to proactively support the development of more junior members of the team
· Create and deliver presentations that engage a range of audiences
To qualify for the role you must have
· Experience as a transfer pricing practitioner, with a broad knowledge of International Tax
· Reviewing, coaching and project management skills
· Ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and manage multiple stakeholders
· Any of the following preferred: ATT / ACA / ACCA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
· Graduate/Graduate calibre or equivalent work experience
What we look for
· Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
· Outgoing with strong and proven relationship skills
· The ability to manage and deliver quality, technically accurate output in a timely and efficient manner
· A strong desire to take an active involvement in supporting the growth and development of the business
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.