Senior Executive (Manager)
Pensions Covenant Advisory is a growth area within EY’s Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy team. In the wake of high-profile cases such as BHS, Pension Schemes are becoming more important stakeholders in transactions and the regulations that Schemes and their sponsors need to comply with are constantly evolving. Large deficits are a concern for some of the largest companies in the UK and if not managed correctly can be a blocker to a corporate executing their strategic plans.
Our large client base is growing through expanding the scope of services that we provide but also through a steady stream of new referrals and increased transactional activity both through M&A as well as increasing levels of distress as a result of Covid-19 and wider sector pressures. We are therefore looking for highly motivated, driven individuals with experience of advising in a transactions environment to join our growing team.
Our portfolio is wide ranging from schemes sponsored by not-for-profit, to those sponsored by distressed businesses and those sponsored by some of the largest, strongest companies in the world. We also have a growing Strategic Pensions offering leveraging the wider EY network to work closely alongside our actuarial colleagues in helping clients deliver end-game solutions. As a manager in the team you will therefore get exposure to, and be a critical part of, a diverse portfolio of work.
We have grown significantly from a one partner business to one with three Partners and two Associate Partners over the course of the past five years and we are on track to deliver significant growth in the current financial year. To meet demand, we need to enhance our team further and this offers a great opportunity for progression as our plans are delivered.
Our team contains individuals from diverse backgrounds who are encouraged to bring their own perspectives to provide innovative solutions to our client’s problems. We support flexible working and many of our team members take advantage of either reduced hours contracts or atypical working hours to fit around other priorities.
We operate as a national team and your role can be based out of Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London and Manchester.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Manager, you will be a key part of our team working either in a small team alongside our Partners/APs or as part of a larger team with a Senior Manager or Director and direct reports.
Our senior team have significant experience in this sector and will make it a priority to provide you with coaching and development opportunities. You will continue to develop skills in commercial and financial analysis and improve your ability to evaluate the impact of corporate decisions.
In turn, you will contribute to our positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members to help them develop and succeed.
Skills and Attributes for Success
· Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of financial and operational performance across a wide range of industries
· Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
· Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
· Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
· Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organising staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
· Demonstrate professionalism and confidence to deal with a range of stakeholder groups and management teams
· Understand the capabilities of the firm, looking for opportunities to bring other specialists in to the TRS assignment to achieve the best solution
· Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
· Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training TRS professional
· Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
To qualify for the role you must have
· · Professional accountancy qualification or equivalent, relevant professional qualification
· · At least 1 year post qualified experience within a transactions background (ideally Pensions Covenant Advisory or Restructuring),
· The ability to build strong internal relationships within TRS and across other services
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Previous experience within a Pensions-specific environment
· Experience of leading independent business reviews and formal corporate insolvencies
· The ability to contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining professionals and other TAS wide policies
· The ambition to build a network of contacts with work providers
· Clear and confident presentation skills
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, willing to learn and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful team.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.