In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
We are currently looking for Seasonal Tax Assembler for the upcoming personal tax busy season to work with our Global Compliance & Reporting group. This tax practices at EY offers a professional work environment and an opportunity to work within a Big 4 firm while being part of an entrepreneurial practice. The Seasonal Tax Assembler provides administrative support in the processing of personal tax returns for shareholders, managers and entrepreneurs for a wide variety of small owner managed clients and private entities.
Your key responsibilities
· Photocopying and scanning of tax returns and associated documentation (i.e. T4 slips, investment receipts, etc.)
· Electronic filing of such documents into our Tax document repository system
· Collating of tax returns with correct schedules and attachments provided to the correct parties
· Typing letters
· Arranging couriers
· Creating paper files and transportation of such to other staff and records management department
Skills and attributes for success
· Willing to participate in and contribute to achieving team goals.
· Positive attitude
· Strong attention to detail
· Deadline driven and works well under pressure
· Process oriented
· Ability to correctly determine which forms/schedules go to which recipient (i.e. CRA versus client versus file copy after being trained)
To qualify for the role you must have
· High school graduation
· Some office experience; preferably 3 months - 1 year
· Ability to work overtime
· Understanding and appreciation for repetitive tasks
· Intermediate level understanding of MS Office Word and beginner level use of MS Excel
· Ability to navigate and use MS Windows XP folders and files and quick to learn other in-house electronic filing systems
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A desire to work in an environment with learning opportunities on a daily basis
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture-built on high-performance teaming-where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work andwith a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Please note, this is contract position. Individuals must be available to work Monday - Friday during the day, with the possibility of overtime. Training is provided.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today .
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.