The Scrum Master is an experienced practitioner in Scrum and other agile methodologies who provides insight and advice concerning delivery practices. The Scrum Master will guide the team on how to use agile methods, and will coach the team on continuous improvement and self-organization. The Scrum Master is the guardian of the team, and acts as a buffer between the team and distracting influences. The Scrum Master collaborates closely with the Product Owner to maintain and prioritize the Product Backlog according to business value, and is responsible for the delivery of project artifacts. As a servant leader, the Scrum Master is accountable for removing impediments that affect the ability of the team to deliver the project incrementally while respecting Tangerine’s processes and deadlines. The Scrum Master will report directly to the Senior Manager of Project Management Office.
Your key responsibilities:
Leadership and Execution
· Facilitates Daily Stand-Ups with the Scrum Team.
· Collaborates with the Product Owner to prioritize the Product Backlog in order of business value.
· Develops and maintains a Kanban board, with the assistance of the team, to track work in process.
· Identifies, manages and resolves Risks, Issues and Blockers.
· Collaborates with the Product Owner and Scrum Team to develop and maintain the project Story Map, and initial Release Plan by Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
· Consistently monitors and reports on Scrum Team metrics, using a Cumulative Flow diagram and metrics such as Velocity and Cycle Time.
· Complies with bank policies and procedures and regulatory body requirements for project delivery and financial rigor.
· Ensures there is common awareness of the process, work in progress and shared agreements.
· Compiles and distributes the weekly project status report according to accepted practices and timelines.
· Manages and reports on progress against the project budget on behalf of the Product Owner, who is accountable for the project budget. These activities include monthly budget vs actuals reconciliation, variance reporting and forecasting according to Tangerine standard practices.
Coaching and Mentoring
· Coaches individuals and teams in understanding how to continuously improve and adopt agile practices.
· Challenges individuals and teams to improve.
· Facilitates all standard Scrum ceremonies for the team.
· Accountable for ensuring that all ceremonies deliver value to the team and to the organization.
· Responsible for creating an energetic, collaborative and motivated team culture where the team can focus on their goals.
· Breaks down organizational silos and promotes collaboration.
· Creates an environment of high-trust.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
· University or College Degree
· 4+ years of experience in business and/or technology projects is required
· Experience in Canadian banking industry is considered an asset
· Minimum 1 year of supervisory/managerial experience is considered an asset.
· Recognized Scrum Master certification is highly desirable
· Demonstrated experience with common Agile practices (Scrum, Kanban, Story Mapping)
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate the effective application of Kanban, Scrum, Story Mapping, Product Canvassing, Story writing, story splitting, MVP definition and Product Backlog Refinement
· Strong analytical and technical skills
· Demonstrated ability to effectively use MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Proven ability to work in small and medium size business and technology projects using an Agile delivery approach
· Proven ability to work in teams consisting of a variety of resources; business and technology, local and remote and internal and third party
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Any agricultural/transportation experience is a Plus
· For assigned projects, participate in the identification, evaluation and recommendation of business and technology opportunities, as appropriate.
· Participate in the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of third party services and products, as required.
· Drive, challenge and hold business accountable for project deliverables and deadlines.
· Interact with all levels of staff in the organization.
· Develop an in-depth understanding of Tangerine systems and business processes.
· Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
· Other duties as assigned.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
· Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.