EY- Strategy and Transaction – TD – Assistant Manager
Within SaT, Transaction Diligence (TD) services encompass the strategic development and execution of an appropriate transaction structure, which includes execution of financial due diligence, IPOs and restructuring of banking loans. Our team works to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance, and assists with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters. TD professionals work on buy-side diligence and provide sell-side diligence services. This helps clients maximize value, mitigate risks and achieve their strategic goals, in acquisition and divestiture deals.
We’re looking for Assistant Managers with expertise in Financial Due Diligence, external audit experience working with a public accounting firm and/or mergers and acquisitions transactions experience or experience in the field of financial planning and analysis and statutory accounting to join TD team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm and develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring, and learning & development.
Your key responsibilities
· Managing and participating in due diligence engagements and leading engagements which are complex and EY client critical
· Analysing financial/operational results of target companies by reviewing their accounting records and conducting interviews with management
· Preparing/evaluating pro forma financial information
· Identifying issues for purchase price reductions, deal structuring or deal termination
· Identifying post-acquisition action steps to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements
· Evaluating effects of seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements
· Performing research on industry and organization
· Reviewing the work of staff and senior employees
· Managing a team of TD professionals
· Conducting timely performance reviews for staff and senior employees
Skills and attributes for success
· Relevant external audit experience working with a public accounting firm and/or mergers and acquisitions transactions experience or experience in the field of financial planning and analysis and statutory accounting
· Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Strong drive to take new initiatives and ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
· Advanced knowledge and experience in any of the following sectors will be an added advantage – Financial Services, Oil and Gas, Technology, Consumer Products, Power and Utilities and Life Science
· Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal and teaming skills.
· Willingness to travel, when necessary
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Chartered Accountancy degree or MBA in Finance from a premier institute with 3-5 years of experience
· Relevant experience in FDD/ external audit working with a public accounting firm and/or mergers and acquisitions transactions experience or experience in the field of financial planning and analysis and statutory accounting
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Project management skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
What you can look for
· A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
· An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of 1400 + professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide.
· Opportunities to work with EY SaT practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What working at EY offers
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
EY is committed to being inclusive in all dimensions of diversity to ensure every employee is able to be and bring their authentic self to work, every day.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.