Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. EY’s Transaction Advisory Services practice works with clients to create social and economic value by helping them make better, more informed decisions about strategically managing capital and transactions. As a Business Valuation Staff Analyst, you’ll help make that happen. That will mean using your unique insight to supply tailored advice to clients from all industries. Working on everything from pre-deal to post-deal, you’ll build an incredible base of experience that will set you apart for the rest of your career – all with the support of some of the top colleagues in the business.
Working in our globally integrated Transactions practice is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to become a world-class business advisor to some of the largest and most prestigious companies in the world. You will gain technical expertise, access to a variety of industries, holistic views of clients’ issues and strategic objectives, as well as deep knowledge and firsthand experience with the range of value-creating solutions we provide. You will work on the leading edge of transformational deals that make headlines, experience an exciting variety of work in an entrepreneurial environment and develop into a leader. Your work will help transform companies, and the depth and breadth of experiences you will have will help transform you into a trusted business advisor. You will have the opportunity to be part of a larger Valuation Solutions team that creates and delivers broad, analytics-enabled solutions that align to our client’s focus on corporate finance, strategy, buy and integrate or sell and separate decisions, and reshaping of results.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to balance your day among developing innovative models, analyzing and evaluating data, and documenting your findings. Working for large, sophisticated clients in industries from oil and gas to retail, there’s no better way to gain a highly developed understanding of business.
How will I spend most of my time?
· Developing detailed financial models
· Providing tailored valuation advice on both tangible and intangible assets
· Researching and determining value across our customers’ wide range of needs
· Identifying risks, issues and opportunities, suggesting simple, effective strategies to drive improvement
· Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
To qualify for the role you must have
· A predicted degree in Mathematics, Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics, with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
· A genuine interest in financial strategy and a constantly updating understanding of current trends and issues
· Strong MS office skills, especially when modeling using Excel
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, supported by the confidence to work effectively in a high-energy, fast-moving environment
· The ability to influence colleagues and communicate complex concepts simply and effectively to non-technical audiences
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Exposure to discounted cash flow (DCF) valuation methodology
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you. Some travel may be required depending on your specific role and location.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the profession
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
· Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax,strategy and transaction servicesand consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.