Our Risk Management team is responsible for protecting EY from the risks that arise from its professional practice. The team works closely with all parts of the business to identify and manage EY's risk, providing coordinated advice and assistance on independence, conflicts, compliance, regulatory, policy, security and risk management issues, as well as dealing with claims and any queries regarding EY ethics. By overseeing the operation and monitoring of key risk processes, Risk Management helps to manage the threat of litigation, avoid regulatory enforcement and limit damage to our reputation. Under Vision 2020, our Risk Management team is strategically re-focusing on risk by embedding risk discussions into business planning activities at all levels of the organization.
Our business is highly regulated and EY is a complex, matrixed organization. Managing risk is of paramount importance to our brand and reputation, and our Risk Management team works side-by-side with the business to do this. Our aim is to enable responsible growth and that means working with the business to identify, monitor and manage risk, and consult and advise. Through oversight of key risk issues and processes such as independence, conflicts, and legal and regulatory compliance, we help maximize public trust and enable EY to responsibly provide excellent client service.
Function: Executive Risk Management
Sub Function: Risk Management Accounts, Knowledge and Learning
Job Rank: Assistant Director
Location: UK or US preferred
The Risk Management Accounts, Knowledge and Learning Assistant Director role is a unique, challenging and fulfilling opportunity influencing how EY professionals and Risk Management team members grow their risk and compliance knowledge in a fast paced, regulated business environment. This role is also focused on enabling a network of Account Coordinators for Risk Management and to help them access the network of subject matter experts within EY. The account coordinator program will initially focus on G360 accounts and provide enablement and training in the basics of risk management technical matters, including how to consult effectively. This role is ideal for an individual who wants to directly contribute to EY’s global organization.
This is an exciting time to join Risk Management. Enabling responsible growth and working together with the business to do this is at the heart of many of the Vision 2020+ strategic priorities, and those from Project Next. You will build your professional knowledge and credentials, learn how EY operates globally and work with some of the most senior partners. We will benefit from your fresh perspective and experience.
The role is suitable for a high-performing Manager or Assistant Director pursuing a career in the Executive level of the global EY organization.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for helping execute the strategic objectives and direction of Global Risk Management Accounts, Knowledge and Learning sub-function. You will participate in the RM Knowledge and Learning Governance Committee, building strong relationships including with Global Learning, Area and Region Risk Management leaders, enabling a shared strategic vision and plan for RM knowledge and learning priorities. You will work on implementing and operating an accounts-approach for Risk Management.
Key areas of focus will include developing or executing:
· For client serving and other stakeholders outside Risk Management:
· An overall knowledge management approach for deploying and maintaining RM content and SharePoint sites
· A Global Risk Management learning framework and approach for consistent global learning deployment
· New courses prioritized by the RM Knowledge and Learning Governance Committee
· Course completion monitoring and reporting
· Annual course scheduling and new course needs identification
· Preparation of knowledge and learning material for Milestone events across the organization and potentially participation in leading those sessions
· Training for G360 Account Coordinators for Risk Management, including basic training in technical areas related to highest value areas such as independence, compliance and conflicts.
· For RM professionals:
· Internal RM knowledge content and SharePoint sites, focusing on content for RM personnel
· Learning framework for RM professionals, with a focus on enhancing business acumen and knowledge in key risk issues affecting EY’s business
· Dissemination of information about web-based learning, including potential badges, relevant to RM Professionals
· Drafts of learning success stories to be shared in the RM newsletter
· Your challenges will include:
· Staying abreast of top risk issues affecting the business so that they are reflected in learning and knowledge
· Staying close to the needs of EY professionals and applying innovative learning strategies to develop learning that is engaging, impactful and effective
· Addressing the challenges associated with EY’s G360 account teams
· Coordinating multiple stakeholders and functions at the highest level of Global leadership.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.