At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself and a better working world for all.
Our Business Development function brings together business, sector and account knowledge along with EY competencies and solutions to meet unique client needs. The Business Development Organization shapes and drives an integrated growth strategy across EY’s largest accounts, industry sectors, solutions and services, while demonstrating and achieving market leadership through a client centric culture.
As a Pursuit Strategist (PS), you are responsible for managing all strategic and tactical activities, workstream teams, and client-facing deliverables during thefull cycle of a competitive pursuit process. This includes leading and managing pursuit phases such as the kick-off process, orals coaching, and client meeting prep. It also includes developing the message for and completion of all client-facing pursuit deliverables, including the proposal and other materials that comprise EY’s response to a Request for Proposal (RFP), using a variety of media.The PS focuses onleading the creation of winning communication strategies that showcase EY’s credentials and strengths.
As a PS, you are responsible for driving a disciplined pursuit process.You will be expected to drive continuous innovation in pursuits to ensure EY process and deliverables stand out from our competitors by activity supporting strategic initiatives. You’ll work directly with leaders and team members to collaborate and create win themes to assist EY in maintaining our industry leading brand.You will manage the work of others, and although you will receive general direction, will be expected to work independently.
Your key responsibilities
· Project manage the pursuit, including the pursuit team, pursuit process, pursuit plan and timeline.
· Follow firm global leading-practice tools and processes with rigor to manage the pursuit campaign and actively contribute to all facets of the pursuit including kick-off strategy, client touch point prep and follow-up, and oral prep and delivery.
· Manage and track status of multiple pursuit workstreams.
· Leverage other resources such as EY Knowledge, creative services and offshore team members, as needed.
· Manage the RFP response, proposal process and additional pursuit deliverables.
· Actively develop pursuit strategy, messaging, and value proposition for all client communications
· Co-lead discussions around pursuit strategy, solution and deal structure, in conjunction with other Business Development colleagues
· Coordinate with design resources in the development and production of written and visual materials.
· Think creatively to develop innovative content tailored to the client in a variety of delivery methods (video, microsites, InDesign, interactive methods, and others).
Skills and attributes for success:
· Exceptional project management skills (planning, delegating, agile), with a high attention to detail and ability manage simultaneous workstreams
· Strong working knowledge of a professional services organization
· Ability to work from own initiatives with limited supervision
· Strong executive presence and ability to coach and influence others without formal authority
· Makes decisions quickly, given tight timeframes.
· Demonstrates versatility and flexibility in a constantly evolving environment with a wide variety of social styles.
· Challenges the pursuit team to ensure the most successful outcome is obtained when necessary
· Self-starter who can get up to speed quickly on the opportunity at hand
To qualify for the role, candidates must have:
· English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
· Experience developing materials for digital delivery (advanced MS Office, InDesign, other related software skills)
· A minimum of 7 years of related pursuit and business development experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in fields such as Business, International Relations, Marketing, Journalism, and related.
What we look for
We are looking for individuals that have a strong background in pursuit strategy and business development, as well as strong business acumen and personal leadership. Innovative, creative thinkers who are strategic, collaborative and consultative and who can bring a fresh perspective that will thrive in this environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off with additional time based on your level and years of service plus 12 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world / make your mark / build your legacy with us. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.